Ran three miles straight in under a half-hour!!

• One of my goals besides weight loss was to start a running program. I began running about seven weeks ago and this past week, I ran three straight miles in 27 minutes exactly!! Then a few days later, I did again in 26 minutes. I love trying to improve upon my previous time.

I can't believe how far I've come in my overall endurance in just under two months. I was seriously out-of-shape when I began and panting like crazy, lol.

My new mini-goal is to do four miles by September so I've been slowly adding on some mileage, little by little.

I'm just so totally in love with running and what's it's done for my body and mind. It's my favorite exercise, by far.
  • Great job! Can't wait till I can do that.
  • OMG, that is awesome!!!! I thought I was doing good to walk five in an hour....but just like you, it is amazing how much your endurance grows...I started out one day just getting the tennis shoes out of the back of the closet...well, that was day one...lol...I know it feels great!
  • I still can't believe it b/c:

a) I'm four months away from turning 40.

b) I haven't run in three decades.

If this journey has taught me anything, it's that nothing is outside your reach if you want it bad enough and age is really all in your mind.

Thanks for the good wishes. It's nice that we're all here to support one another.
  • Well done! You're a great example of what you can do when you work persistently toward a goal. Love it!
  • you're doing an amazing job! i wish i could be brave enough to start running. i'm working on just trying to relearn how to ride a bike lol. but congrats to you and keep at it i know you'll be running 4 miles soon.
  • That is AWESOME! You are doing wonderfully. It IS amazing! Great job!