Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-11-2011, 04:06 PM   #1  
Move over Kim Kardashian!

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Default NSV - Skinny twin?

I have a twin brother. And my entire life he was always "the skinny twin".

And last night we started talking, he asked me my weight, and I said 183. And he said "huh, I weigh 185, so I guess we're real twins now".

And inside, I did a little victory dance like this because that meant that because of 2 lb, I am NO LONGER THE FAT TWIN. lol

Here's a picture of us, when we were 19. (5 years ago) This was my best year ever. I weighed 160 and looked GORGEOUS. hahahaha so conceited Cant wait to go back to that and even better! LOL

caramelkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 220/157.0/137

Height: 5'2''

Yay for moments like those!!! I was conceited back at my 145 weight! I can't wait to have a moment like that with some of my sisters!
liliesinmycereal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

That is not conceited...you are gorgeous! It is so hard to be an overweight young female (we are the same age) in the dating scene so of course you are focused on your looks. I want to lose weight for many reasons but one of the top is so I HAVE A ROCKING BODY. I understand. No judgement from me!
Sunshine87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:00 PM   #4  

Oh, and I also wanted to ask what are you doing as far as a diet and exercise program because you are doing so well.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:47 PM   #5  

Gosh thanks girls!! Such nice comments!
Liliesunmycereal I hope you get to have that celebration with ur sisters soon! You look great!

Sunshine87 I eat 1200 calories a day, workout a half an hour a day either treadmill or elliptical and do 100 sit-ups every night. I cut out all junk and carbs (most of them) fill up on fruits veggies and chicken salads for meals. Oh and barely any red meat and absolutely no soda or juice... 2-3 liters of water a day. It's tough but I refuse to be big anymore! Especially when there's so much pressure at our age!! All the girls are pretty and for. I want it so bad

Good luck to you both!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

Omg I have a twin bro too and I have always been the "fat one". I'm currently 20lbs heavier then him even though he's 3 inches taller! He was blessed with a super fast metabolism too. He eats awful food and tons of it and he doesn't exercises at all and he doesn't gain a thing! Then if I look at a piece of chocolate I gain like 5lbs. It's awful. But son enough I shall be the thinner twin too! Thankyou for inspiring me! I shall redouble my efforts! (> ^.^)>
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 01:18 PM   #7  

Sunnydays omgosh that is so cool!!!! I love meeting new twins, especially when they're boy/girl like we are!!!

But wait a minute, your brother weighs 109???? Isn't that a little low for a guy? Even at 5'5"?

I do wish you the best of luck in becoming the skinny twin and maybe we can send each other twin vibes! lol
Old 07-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #8  

Good for you with the 1200 calorie diet! I think I would start gnawing on the counter at that calorie intake!
Old 07-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 135/128/107

Height: 5ft 2

Hehehe I love meeting other twins too. I always feel like I can relate to them better. Actually now he's about 115. And yes it is kinda low. He just doesn't have much on him I guess. It's annoying at times. He's one of those sticks. JEALOUS. Well actually I don't want to be a stick. Just you know- thinner, healthier, and a bit more attractive lol.

Thankyou and luck to ya too! Hehehe I'll prob keep in touch so we can "send each other twin vibes!".
Sunnydays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:34 PM   #10  
89lbs going, going...

S/C/G: 221/221/145

Height: 5'6"

I always wished I had a twin, it's nice to hear your victory, that's always motivating!
chubbycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:43 PM   #11  

sunshine87 sometimes I feel like eating the papers on my desk at work, and some other days i can barely get to eat 1200. I think its odd, lately i just dont have much of an appetite anymore so i've resulted to meal replacement shakes for now. I hope I dont mess anything up, but its better than going into "starvation mode" which i fear i've gone to actually...

sunnydays The only issue with me wanting to be the skinny twin is I gotta do this pronto, or knowing from experience, once he decides to lose weight, his "extra 20lb" as he lightly puts it, will melt off in a week That lucky @#@#%#$^ haha

chubbycanuck I sometimes forget that I'm a twin! LOL My fiancé is a twin as well and though i mention it often to him "your twin" then he says your twin to me and i'm like OH YAH i forgot about that! LOL Sometimes I wish I had the girl twin, because we'd get to share clothes, then again I'm grateful i'm not because if he would've been a girl, and skinnier than me, I'd probably hate her lol!
Old 07-14-2011, 02:15 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 224.2/224.2/150

Height: 5' 7"

Interesting reading about your "twin" thoughts...I'm a mom of twins...trying to lose my "TWIN" pregnancy weight...and they're 5 yrs old... lol.

I'm working on becoming the sexy mom of twins that turns heads! Tomorrow will be my first weighing since I started...wish me luck.

Congrats on being the "skinny twin".....that's awesome!

PS...I went to high school with twin girls...one heavy and not cute and the other one very petite and very cute.....that did look like a brutal combination!
Soon2BSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:27 PM   #13  

Soon2BSlim WOOOHOO!! Good luck tomorrow!!! Go get em!!
Have you noticed some changes in your clothes yet? What program are you following? And if you put your mind to it, you WILL be the hot mom of twins I hope that (since i probably will end up having twins -- the fiance is a twin too) when it comes to me losing my baby weight I have as much dedication as the moms I see on here!

-- About the girls in high school -- I feel bad for the fat one. LOL Thats me. My life, all over again. I remember kids teasing me saying "How is she your twin, she's fat!" .... oh kids are so mean lol Wish I wouldve done something about it then instead of burying my face in chocolate lololol
Old 07-14-2011, 03:05 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 224.2/224.2/150

Height: 5' 7"

I DO feel different in my clothes (HORRAY!) and I'm excited to weigh myself tomorrow. I'm doing weight watchers....kindof....I have the points counting stuff (from a previous failed attempt)..so I'm doing that on my own....no meetings.

You're so right about the "putting your mind to it" comment. I think the key to success with this is having your head in the right place....focus! I feel so focused this time....I want it bad. I'm so tired of feeling unhappy with myself. This is a little different than your situation, being the "fat twin"...but I have a cousin..she's 51...and she's gorgeous....thin....looks great for her age. I just turned 40....so she has 11 yrs on me. When we go out, men hit on her left and right...oftentimes men in their early 30s and I feel like the fat friend sitting there..invisible. I'll admit, I'm married...and very faithful to my husband.....however, I'm not dead....I still would like to be noticed. I feel like crap every time I go out with her.
Soon2BSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon2BSlim View Post
You're so right about the "putting your mind to it" comment. I think the key to success with this is having your head in the right place....focus! I feel so focused this time....I want it bad. I'm so tired of feeling unhappy with myself. This is a little different than your situation, being the "fat twin"...but I have a cousin..she's 51...and she's gorgeous....thin....looks great for her age. I just turned 40....so she has 11 yrs on me. When we go out, men hit on her left and right...oftentimes men in their early 30s and I feel like the fat friend sitting there..invisible. I'll admit, I'm married...and very faithful to my husband.....however, I'm not dead....I still would like to be noticed. I feel like crap every time I go out with her.
OMG its as if I was writing that! Okay I'm not 40, I'm 24 but the way you wrote it sounded just like something I would've written.

I have never wanted this so badly as well, and I think it's the only reason I am convinced it's going to work So I send you all the positive vibes someone can send!

And the same goes for me, when I used to go out with friends guys would stare at me, come up to me, run after me even. That's when I weighed a lot less.
Now, they don't even look at me!!! I mean i'm engaged, and faithful as well, but come on LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEEEE hahahahahaha I just want someone to look at me and I can feel a little pretty again!!

And let me know if the whole Weight Watchers at home thing works, I may give it a try

Last edited by caramelkitty; 07-14-2011 at 03:47 PM.