3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   1000 calories burned through exercise in a day! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/236955-1000-calories-burned-through-exercise-day.html)

Chooks 06-30-2011 05:25 PM

1000 calories burned through exercise in a day!

I've attempted this god know how many times and now that I've finally done it I feel AMAZING!! I started off with my morning run, a long walk and some grocery shopping around noon, some pretty hardcore pilates after lunch, a spring clean of the house and then an hour long after dinner walk and I've only eaten 1400 calories! :carrot: Not only am I immensely proud of myself but I don't think I've ever felt so energised in my entire life! Am treating myself with a long bubble bath and a honey face mask :D

caitybates 06-30-2011 05:39 PM

that is so impressive! it's funny how exercise sometimes just makes you want to exercise more...i also love how enjoyable the exercise you get seems to be. you aren't slaving a way in the gym but out and enjoying the weather. awesome job :)

graterandy 06-30-2011 05:44 PM

congratulations!
that sounds like a great goal to shoot for. I might just borrow it.

Chooks 06-30-2011 05:56 PM

@caitybates The run in the morning was what really kept me going, It always put me int he best mood and the fact that I do it so early always gives me the feeling that I can do just about anything that day! :D

@graterandy Ta much! :D You go right ahead hun, we can power through those 1000 calories together :)

Michi702 06-30-2011 06:07 PM

I think it was wise that you sort of broke it up through the day. Doing 1000 all at the gym in one session seems like it would be tough!

IsabellaOlivia 06-30-2011 10:53 PM

Crazy girl. Keep having fun.

Rubiehart 07-01-2011 12:20 AM

I have a question. How do you know how many calories you burned? Is an estimation or how do you do it. I would definitely like to burn 1000cals but how do i keep track?

kurisitaru 07-01-2011 12:48 AM

Chooks: I agree... running in the morning makes you feel like you can do ANYTHING that day.
I use to jog at the gym. Loved doing it, because when I finished and went to work I felt like I could run all day. I felt accomplished...

I miss the gym. T.T

I can use it again in the school year...

Chooks 07-01-2011 04:56 AM

@Rubiehart I use the livestrong online calorie counter (which is amazingly easy to use and I just LOVE IT) and then subtract 100 calories from their estimation as I know that calorie counters aren't always very accurate so I don't want to think I'm burning more than I actually am and end up not losing as much :)

@kurisitaru I used to run ALL THE TIME but gradually I've been getting up later and later and so either don't have the time or I'm too self-conscious about running outside when there are lots of people around. But I decided to bite the bullet and drag my sorry *** out of bed at 6:30. Once I got back I just felt like going out and running for another hour! :D