Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-17-2011, 06:49 PM   #1  
Never-giver-upper

S/C/G: 186/176/135

Height: 5'7"

Default Broke a stall - glad I didn't quit!

I have been stymied by plateaus many times before, and this time I decided I wasn't going to let it make me quit. It wasn't a true plateau - I did lose a couple inches although my weight kept bouncing around the same number - but it felt like one because I expected better results so early in my new lifestyle. But I just kept plugging away, and I'm down 5 pounds today!
Serena C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:21 PM   #2  

Glad to see you didn't give up. Sometimes it's hard not to when we reach plateaus. I've done Weight Watchers several times in the past and gave up when I started reaching the plateaus. This time I was determined not to give up and have been successfully. Slow and steady wins the race....continue to put one foot in front of the other and eventually you will reach your goal.
theblueeyedgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:10 PM   #3  
Never-giver-upper

I agree. Despite knowing full well that the scale doesn't tell the whole story, I think I've been so conditioned to think that way that it still freaks me out when it doesn't budge for a while. So I'm glad I hung on through that phase. I'm sure it will happen again, and now I know I can get through it!
Old 06-17-2011, 10:32 PM   #4  
*Buttercup*

S/C/G: 342/208/145

Height: 5'5''

Do anything special to break the stall? I've been stuck for about a month

Grats on not giving up though! It sucks when the scale isn't moving..proud of you
mypinkpolkadot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 12:03 AM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

So glad you stuck with it! Congrats!!!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2011, 01:19 PM   #6  
Never-giver-upper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mypinkpolkadot View Post
Do anything special to break the stall? I've been stuck for about a month
No, not really, other than being a little more conscious of sticking to the Atkins Induction "rules" - without realizing it, I had been eating a couple things that actually weren't allowed. That seems to have been enough to jumpstart the weight loss again.

Hang in there! I just kept focusing on how I'd feel when I got past the plateau and how glad I'd be that I didn't quit, and sure enough, that's how I felt. So keep the faith!