Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-02-2011, 06:20 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/245.2/180

Height: 5'9

Thumbs up Two Weeks down, amazing feeling of accomplishment!

Hey Everyone!

I am doing what is called Dr Poon Diet - it is very similar to Atkins but has a few differences. Same concept, high protein low carb, mostly from vegetables. I have been doing it for about two weeks and had my first weigh in at the doctors office.

I was prepared to have him look at me like I failed because on my scale at home I was only down four pounds. I got on the scale there and they said that I am down seven. Then he started to look at the breakdown numbers and turns out I have actually lost 11 lbs of fatcarrot: I just about kissed him! LOL

The only problem was that due to my monthly friend I was retaining 4lbs of water so I guess that is ok! I am so happy ..... I could go eat a steak! LOL Yeah me! I have to admit this is going to be the motivation that I need. To bad that the weight loss slows down from here. Thanks to all who keep posting their success stories; you, combined with my weight loss, have kept me motivated!

Can anyone tell me what types of losses I should expect from here on in? Is two pounds a week to aggressive?
IMJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:35 PM   #2  

Height: 5'6

I don't think so. Two pounds a week sounds pretty normal to me. I think for women the normal weight loss is 1-2 lbs. a week so that sounds right on track. Congrats on the loss so far!!
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 117/88/77 (Kgs)

Height: 5'8''

Congrats on your achievement! Wishing you all the best!
fight2winthis is offline   Reply With Quote