Rewards for Mini Goals

• Hello Everyone. I have a list of non-food related rewards for each mini goal I reach. This past week, for completing the first week of the learn to run program, I bought some elizabeth arden moisturizer I have been coveting. The mini goals will get a bit bigger - probably for every 10 lbs lost. My non-food related rewards include:

Massage at the spa
    Getting my hair done (when I reach 210 lbs)
    Cleaning my closet (yes, this is a reward, so I can see if I fit things)
    White Strips
    New outfit
    Pedicure
    Facial
    Itunes

Looking for ideas for non-related food rewards and interested to learn how other chicks celebrate mini goals. Thanks all!!
  • For my first 5 lbs (150), I want to buy new tennis shoes.

For my first 10 lbs (145), I want to start dating again. I don't know how, but I'm sure my confidence will bring in more attention, LOL

For my first 15 lbs (140), I want to take a trip to see my family.

For the 20 lb mark (135), I want to hit the beach in my bikini's I bought last summer. I bought 3 really cute ones.

MsWannaBSlim: I also had a mini goal for my hair cut, but I couldn't wait anymore, and just cut it at some cheap place. It was getting too long. But now I hate it. It looks too choppy. So maybe at my 20 lb mark, I'll get a nice one and some highlights.

Here are some non-food related ideas for you: Take some "after" pics at certain points in your weight loss; buy new bras as your size will change; see certain people you haven't seen in a while; go for challenging activities like hikes, bike rides, 5k's; watch a movie with friends or by yourself at every 5 lb loss; change your ticker for every 2 lb loss (or 3 lb loss, more permanent than just 1 lb loss). Thanks for starting this! I forgot how important it is to reward myself.
  • Hi There and thanks for the ideas. I really like the idea of rewarding myself with a visit with some friends that I've been, frankly, too embarrassed to see since I put on weight. Very cool idea. And a hike with my hubby and/or kids would be fun and I should be able to do it without feeling miserable

I've dieted before and need to learn to celebrate without automatically defaulting to food. Thanks again for the ideas!
  • I've got a lot of weight to lose so I set my goals a little apart...
    I've got a list in my planner but let's see what I can remember of it..
    There was
    Mani/Pedi
    Pottery Piece(there's a place in town, i LOVE to paint pottery)
    New Hairstyle
    Body Massage

Two of my bigger goals for the end are
    New Tattoo (I'm addicted)
    and Laser Hair Removal for problem areas I have

I will post a full list when I remember them all.. I sat one day and got really serious about things that I want or would like to do that I can't afford just anything and set them as splurge goals!
    Makes me work harder!
  • Wow, thanks for the ideas! There's a do it yourself pottery place in town that I've always wanted to try and now I have a reason to go (eventually)
    I almost feel like I need a mini-reward today - I had a crazy busy day yesterday - didn't get home until 10 pm. I didn't much feel like it but I got off my couch and did my treadmill before I went to bed AND I pushed myself hard in the last 3 minutes before cool down - tried to focus on lifting my legs to get some nice high steps in there - more controlled movements. I am SORE today but feel pretty good about it.

Looking forward to hearing more ideas - keep em coming! Thanks Chicks!
  • I go for a pedicure once every two weeks as a reward for sticking with it. Lots of spas have 'mini-pedicures', which are a little quicker than a full one, but half the price.
  • Good idea for a thread--I am trying to figure out what to do since I haven't smoked for 7 days, so thanks for all the ideas.

I've been thinking of making some kind of exfoliating mask? But that doesn't really seem too rewarding...

Maybe I'll take a photography trip in the evening, and try to catch some wildlife in action...I'd love to photograph wild horses some time, or go on a trip to the everglades, but these seem a little big for a week of non smoking.

Maybe I'll make a bigger trip as a bigger reward, and for the smaller rewards I'll set up a blog or something. I want a metal detector that's, like, five hundred bucks. That's a pretty expensive reward.

Hm. I'll have to think about this more. A new pair of tennis shoes is starting to sound pretty good.
  • 145 - Some new pants. (I REALLY need some, none of the old ones fit )
    140 - Whitestrips
    135 - Major concert or a new bass cabinent
    130ish or less - Tattoo and/or laser hair removal (If I still have hair issues at this weight)

• This is such a great thread!!! I havent really sat down and thought of any rewards...except for the money that I am working towards getting through our wellness program at work! LOL
  • I had a lot of weight to lose so I tried to create mini goals for what I thought were the "big ones"

hiking shoes for 25 lbs lost
    huge order of scrubs and washes and lotions for 50 lbs
    Wii Fit (that I never use anymore - I need to get it out!) for 75 lbs
    Stationary bike for 100lbs
    Coworkers bought me dinner & drinks for 125 lbs - calorific, sure, but the pineapple mojitos were the best!
    Trip to San Diego, CA and Comic-Con tickets for 150 lbs

I just hit 175 lbs lost a few weeks ago and I didn't really do anything and I'm not sure what to do. I have the aforementioned trip to CA coming up in mid-July so I'm trying to save all my funds for that trip and the fun stuff I want to do while I'm there.