Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-18-2011, 12:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 278/209/199

Height: 5'9"

You are doing great! I want to be an example for others too. I want to show people that it can be done no matter how many times you have failed before. I have so many friends who think that having 'the surgery' is the only way to go. And most of them that have had it feel terrible and throw up constantly. I just do not want to live like that! I want to be living proof that all it takes is dedication and perserverance! Anyone can do it if they REALLY want to . It is just a question of how bad do you want it. It is definitely a sacrifice sometimes. Sometimes I do feel like I miss out on some things. Today for instance I have to take my kids to a birthday pizza party. I know when I get there I am not going to be able to have any pizza, ice cream or cake, but I can resist them! It is all really just a mind game for me. Of course I could just take the toppings off the pizza and eat those, but I would not do that in front of people because Im sure they would see that as a waste of food! Although I have done it at home when I paid for the pizza myself. I am so proud of myself right now! It just amazes me that I have actually stuck with something for this long and its working! And it hasnt really been that long or hard! Finally people are starting to notice and it feels so great. I look at my ticker and see how far I have come already and that I dont really have that much further to go! It is so exciting. I think that is what keeps me motivated! I cant mess up all my hard work!
sunlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 250/189/135

The results are in -
This month I wanted to lose close to ten pounds. I made it to five. I was 222 at the beginning of the month. It's now the end and I'm 217. About half way through the month I decided to actually go on a "weight loss program" I started intermittent fasting and it brought me questionable success. Just this past week I've added exercise in the form of DDR to my program. I didn't make it to my goal and I'm not going to punish myself for that. I'm not going to try to make up for the weight I didn't lose this month in the coming months. I didn't lose ten pounds this month, I'm going to try to next month. Right now I weight 217, five pounds less than I used to and at the end of July I wanna weigh 207. Every month is a fresh start. Maybe I won't lose 30 lbs in 3 months but I can try to make it to 25 : ) Thank you all for your encouragement and wish me luck.
kaycaroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 09:33 AM   #18  

Oh and Sunlover, thank you so much for your kind works and advice. It means a lot : )
Old 06-30-2011, 01:28 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 255/holding at 162/160

Height: 5'-7"

You can do this! You've set realistic goals and I know you can meet them. Don't ever give up on yourself and don't feel guilty. A person who just keeps on after a setback is a great example to others. Your beginning weight and goal weight are close to mine. If I can do this, so can you. I'm 60 and have been overweight probably longer than you've been alive (judging from your comments about the dorm and pizza parties).

Your best move was to actually come up with an eating plan. Try cutting calories and carbs and loading up with veggies and fruits of all colors. Try adding exercise every day.

Just keep on going. You'll make it. You have a great attitude and won't let a minor glitch stop you. Every single day is a new chance to succeed.

Lin
linJber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #20  

Sunlover - I know how you feel when you say you feel like you are missing out on things. But I've come to a great realization recently. Passing up something you used to eat doesn't mean you are missing out! It took a while for this to hit home. Let me tell you when I woke up to this. I go camping for 4 days at the end of May with 7 other women. (Our motto - No kids, No husbands, No pets.) We've been doing this since 1987. It is a 4 day junk food fest. I didn't know how I'd get through it unscathed this year. I took my scale - yes, took the scale camping! I got teased. I was careful. I passed on things I would have eaten in the past (total junk food here) and it was OK. I sat by the fire and had fun. I played cards (and lost) and had fun. I went for hikes and had fun. I lost 1.5 pounds over the 4 days and 3 pounds for the week. I have decided that I DIDN'T miss out on anything! I proved that I could stick to a sensible eating plan in the toughest situation that I might come up against! It was the best learning experience I could have possible had during this weight loss journey.

I know you don't really feel like you're suffering. But it sure helps to realize it isn't all about the food we eat - it's about the company we keep!

Keep up your good work.

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 06-30-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #21  

Lin - Thank you so much! This month is a new start and I'll really keep pushing toward my goal. Both you and I can meet our goals. Let's do this together : )

This month I've decided to try a different approach. Intermittent fasting worked for me. It was simple to stick to but my body didn't respond very well. Weighing myself this morning I realized I haven't lost weight in 3 weeks. I've decided to switch to counting calories instead. That's worked for me in the past and I think it's worth a try again.

Also, I didn't forget, I promised pictures and I won't disappoint. At the end of the summer I'll post a picture before and after. Thank you all so much! Keep up the good work everyone!
Old 07-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #22  

Kaycaroline - Great plan, IMHO, cutting calories. It's intuitive and you don't have to go hungry with all the veggies you can eat! That's pretty much what I do, and I've cut way back on pasta, rice, and potatoes. I no longer crave them and sweets cravings are way down, too!

Let's do this!

Lin

Last edited by linJber; 07-01-2011 at 04:41 PM.