50 Lbs Lost, Yeah Baby!

• So hello, fellow dieters!

I am new here, and yet not new. I have "stalked" this community for the past 10 months. I am happy to announce that I've reached the halfway point of my journey. At 181 pounds, I have lost 50.

Whew! It's hard work, isn't it? I am so excited to head towards my final goal.

I have decided to really crack down on myself for a while. My strategy is this: lose the next 30 pounds quite rapidly...hopefully within just 2 or 3 months. I know I can do it. THEN, mellow out a bit and lose the last 20 over the next 6 months to a year. I'm not trying to get into a swimsuit by June or anything like that, I just know that losing a lot of weight right after Winter really fits my biorhythms, so why not go for it?

All the best to all of you! Ve can do eet!
  • our stats are very similar

just wanted to say a heartfelt congratulations on your progress. amazing and impressive. keep us posted on the rest of your journey!
  • 50 lbs, thats awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • congrats and good luck! i have almost the same stats as you....how did you do it? how do you plan on losing the next 30 so quick? i was a runner and i'm just started to lightly jog, hoping that will help.
  • Thanks xty and Love02! I really appreciate the congrats.

IslaAzure- Our stats are about the same! How I did it was a fairly low carb diet-not Atkins, but lots of whole foods with few carbs except from non-starchy vegetables and sweet potatoes. I eat a great raw kale salad almost every day, which I believe really revs me up. My only real treats have been occasional fruit and very dark chocolate.

I'm going to lose 30 pounds rapidly with a diet plan that isn't widely respected, so be warned. It's called the warrior diet, and is basically one big meal a day. I eat pretty much whatever I want from whole foods once a day. It's a great plan for me, and I don't suffer much with it. I'd rather eat a nice meal once a day than many small less appealing snacks all throughout. It's less deprivation. Once the 30 pounds are gone, I will regroup and figure out what I want to do for the last 20. Basically, I will go back to 3 meals (smaller) and see what it takes to lose about a pound every 2 weeks, and just go slowly from that point on. I have found that getting into a rhythm of really working hard and then slowing way down and being patient works best for me. In the past year, most of the 50 pounds I've lost have been in dramatic spurts, when willpower was strong, and then I loosened up on myself and just maintained my weight, or lost veeeeery slowly for longer periods of time.

I am also jogging and weight training with Joyce Vedral's fat burning workout. Since I started the warrior diet, I haven't worked out, giving my body time to adjust to the one meal a day thing. I've done the diet for 5 days now, and my skin already looks really good. It's definitely a great plan for me.

There are lots of good plans work to lose weight, and everyone is different. I encourage you to try what appeals to you and see what you like best. Never be discouraged when something doesn't work so well. Just have patience and a sense of humor about it as best you can. I did lose a lot of weight initially by going raw for 30 days, which was amazing. I do recommend that to anyone who wants to detox and lose some fast weight.

Good luck, I know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!!
  • xty, you look soooooooooooo beautiful. wow.
  • CONGRATS on everything you've accomplished so far!

Thirty pounds in three months is definitely doable. You'll just have to commit to one thing that is absolutely NOT negotiable: LOTS OF EXERCISE. Serious exercise of, on average, about 600-800 calories a day (at your weight, that's just over an hour of really intense exercise or two hours of moderate). Cardio-based exercise plus strengthening. Almost every day.

It might be worth looking at either classes or a training program (for example, P90 or Boot camp). I hate videos so I went the class route, but whatever works for you is great. Don't restrict your calories too much or you might set yourself up for binges -- make sure to stay at or over 1200 -- and work off those pounds! You can do it

ETA: I have also lost lots of weight by going raw and I also recommend it. But not if you're going to eat lots of nuts or Larabars.
  • Congratulations! Keep up the good work and be sure to check in and let us know about your progress!
  • Congrats! Although I feel kinda violated for being stalked