Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-06-2011, 08:16 PM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default High time I started making some goals, I think.

So I've been doing this weight-loss thing for just over two months now. I've reached my first mini-goal; I'm in Weight Watchers, and I reached my 5% goal on March 2. Now my eyes are on my 10% goal (only 3.4 pounds to go!)

But I'd also like to make a couple bigger goals, and only one of them is actually weight-related.

First of all, I'd like to be able to run/walk a 5K by June 12th.

Secondly, I would like to have a total of 31 pounds lost by my 31st birthday, May 22. I've done the calculations, and that would mean I'd have to lose an average of 2.2 pounds a week (there's about six and a half weeks left till my birthday.)

Since I'm new at this...do any of you pros think that this is a reachable goal? I would really love to meet that one.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'11

Congrats!!! I just reached my 5% too....... such a great feeling and motivator. I also have a goal of running a 5K. I am in Canada too. There is a store called Running Room that has training programs like Learning to Run and for 5Ks. I am signing up for both!!! My goal is to run a non-stop 5K on my birthday (10/29) Running Room also has a 5K walk in Partnership with Weight Watchers. You should definetly sign up!!! Where in Canada are you, just out of curiosity? I love meeting fellow Canucks on here!
I think your goals are realistic and doable. Loosing 2lbs a week is safe. I say reach for your goals. You have a great mindset. Go Girl!!!
Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 09:15 PM   #3  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Thanks for the comment, fellow Canuck! I'm in Newfoundland (yay for The Rock!)

The Running Room/Weight Watchers 5K is actually the reason I set my 5K goal. We don't have a Running Room location in my hometown, but my WW group is still going to do our own 5K that week. I already walk an hour a day, so I'm not a beginner at exercise, but I would *love* to be able to actually RUN the 5K.

As for my weight mini-goal: I have a total of 73 pounds to lose, so to get to 31 pounds lost would pretty much be the halfway mark. And to have 31 pounds lost -- I can't even imagine what that would be like, considering how different I feel with only 16.6 gone. I mean, I *feel* so much better, not even taking into consideration the fact that I *look* better.

The thing that I have to keep in mind is that I *can* do this. I can.
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/210/165

Height: 5'11

My family is from Newfoundland too!!! Stephenville to be exact!
Good luck with your goals! You can do it!!
Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #5  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It's possible, but just realize that people typically lose 1-2 lbs a week as a maximum. There are many of us here that are slower to lose if things should slow down a bit (which can happen, but not necessarily), don't let that discourage you. Think of how long it took to put those pounds on and know that it will take some time to take them off. I think it's great to have a motivating goal to push you forward, as long as it doesn't set you back. Congrats on your progress and good luck!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 01:10 AM   #6  

Keep it up! You have reached your first part of the goal now you need to just stick on it and the more working out the more you will speed up the process Keep up the great work!
biggestlosergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:08 PM   #7  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Congrats on the 5% and love your fitness related next goals You can do it! Keep us posted...
xty is offline   Reply With Quote