5 pound weight loss!

• march 2nd, 160
    march 9th 159
    march 16th 156
    march 23rd (155?)

Hi all! I weighed myself today and I weigh 155.4! I'm very excited about this because I have officially reached my 5 pound weight loss this month!

I have been working on a reward system. I want to lose 20 pounds, but geez--that seems like so many pounds to losseee---lol! So, I decided that at every 5 pounds lost, I get a reward, like a massage! Here's how my reward system will work. Every paycheck, I put away $100 for me. This is hard to do, but I am surprised how it's paying off. So much of the time, we don't take good enough care of ourselves girls. I don't make that much money, but I feel like if I am trying to make a change in my life, putting $100 away a paycheck is a good idea.

Since next April there are triple paydays (yay)---I am going to store about $500 from one paycheck and keep for my final 20 pound weight loss! Here's how the reward system works:

5 pound weight loss - Masssage/Scalp Treatment/Foot Massage
    10 pound weight loss - Massage/Facial/Salt Glow
    15 pound weight loss - massage/foot massage/scalp treatment/facial
    20 pound weight loss - $500 shopping spree with new body & a massage by these "master massage therapists" ---I had one before my wedding and I think it changed my life.

I figure that since I am trying to change my life from the inside out, I need to have some rewards along the way. At five pounds, I can see why I have never made it past 5 pounds---it stresses me out so much! I never get the non-food reward I deserve.

So I am happy! It's good I'm finally treating myself the way I need to be treated.

• Congrats on your progress so far. Keep up the good work!
  • I also put away money! It's a great idea because you are sooooo going to need it when you've shed all those pounds! Congrats on your mini goal!
  • Great Job, Librarygirl111 !!!! I just hit the 5 lb loss too and I was happy to see your rewards. I'm trying to impliment rewards too to celebrate my successes. This is a slow journey, but with exciting things to look forward to, like massages and Silpada it makes the hard work rewarding ) I'm going to schedule a massage for this weekend to celebrate.
  • So awesome and I love the non-food reward system, I have done that and it works.
  • That is FANTASTIC! and I love that Idea! I think I may steal it! lol hope you dont mind! I would love to put myself on a reward system! sounds fun!
  • good job!!! HOOORAY!!!
  • Hi librarygirl111,
    I have noted you have lost 5 pounds in 21 days. Make sure you are having healthy diet so you won't get any deficiency problem. It is found common that people forget/ignore their calories while cutting weight off.
    What diet plan are you following and are you doing any exercise with it?