I just needed to pat myself on the back for a minute. I started my lifestyle overhaul 8 weeks ago and this is what happened:
1. I quit smoking, cold turkey, and have not had a cigarette for 8 weeks.
2. I have lost 27.4 pounds, which is over 10% of my starting body weight.
3. I have gone from a size 24 jean to a size 20, and a pretty snug size 18
4. I have learned an enormous amount about food and am amazed at the garbage I used to shove down my throat by the pound on a daily basis.
5. I have gone from barely being able to do 3 minutes on the elliptical to doing a full 30 to 40 minutes.
6. I am starting to recognize the face I see in the mirror.
7. I am starting to gain more self confidence.
I still have a very long road to travel but I am determined to reach my destination.
Here's to another productive eight weeks!