Mini goal!!! No longer obese!!

• Almost there!

I'm closer than I've ever been, ever! I'm SO excited I just couldn't and had to tell somebody right now! My BMI today was 35.01. (35.0 if we're going by nhlbisupport's bmi calculator). Overweight is 25–29.9. I'm so excited, I never thought I'd make it this far!

I went to the doctors a few days ago and my weight from a couple years ago was 186, so I'm using that as my starting weight (I thought it was 185, so no big deal there). At the doctors I weighed 167 (fully clothed and with shoes) and as of today I weigh 161.8

So that's 24.2lb I've lost, with 21.8 to go. I'm so proud of myself.

I can't WAIT to be overweight!
  • What a great mini-goal! I know what you mean when you say you can't wait to be overweight.

When I joined Jenny Craig the (skinny) counselor said "take a good at the scale, you'll never be 178 again" and she was right in the wrong way - I've never been that low since!

But we are getting there, congratulations!!
  • Overweight is my first big mini-goal as well. I still have some work to do before I get there, but I know I can do it and you can do it too! I never want to be associated with the word obese again.
  • I know, it seems so ***-backwards to say you can't wait to be overweight haha. But for us, overweight is like being a supermodel. Or for me, anyway. I have all these cute clothes I can wear right now. They're a little tight, but soon they'll fit like a glove, and I'm VERY excited for that.

@SaltwaterFarm, wow, that must have been devistating. BUT look at where you are now! A full 23lb lost, that's no easy feat, and if you keep it up you'll be at your goal weight in no time. Good luck!!

@Gardenburglar I know exactly how you feel. And you know, for the longest time, I was in denial about it. I knew I was heavy, but never once did "obese" cross my mind. To me, for some reason, being 4'9'' meant that I could never be obese. Heavy? Yes. Fat? Sure. But obese? No way.

But then I started to realize that it WASN'T healthy for my height OR my age, and unless I wanted to have some serious knee and back problems when I got older, along with other possible issues, I better take care of it now.
  • Wow, that's so incredible! And good motivation for the rest of us. Congratulations