Like so many driven women (and I am sure many of you) I am my own worst enemy. I have a terrible habit of dwelling on my short comings and punishing myself for my failures rather than celebrating my success and congratulating myself for my achievements.
Here are a list of things I punish myself for:
- Getting overweight in the first place
- Not enjoying exercise
- Denying the extent of the problem for years
- Having a slip or two in the last month
- Getting the bus this morning (rather than walking) because I was late for work
- Just generally being rubbish!
Here is a list of things I should be celebrating (re weight loss!):
- I can now feel my hips with ease
- I can move my arm up and down directly in front of me without encountering a rouge breast!!
- I can fit into a dress I haven't worn in years
- Day after day after day I succeed in calorie counting and exercising
- I have incredible will power and can do anything i set my mind to.
What about you guys? What are you punishing yourself for and what should you be celebrating? We HAVE to be nicer to ourselves!