Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 08-30-2010, 09:35 PM   #1  
age 57

S/C/G: 170/ticker/110

Height: 5'1"

Default One week down

Hello:
I'm only 1 week here on 3FC. I think it's too soon for my "tracker" to show up. But I've eaten the way I should if I want to lose these 60 pounds; have recorded everything into my food journal, which kind of holds me accountable. I had a horrible week at work, some layoffs and high stress and drama. I still have my job, but it's not on firm ground. Anyway, I confess I wanted to console myself with a "nice meal" at dinner but simply did not. I didn't cave in to the old habit of soothing myself with food. I'm down 4 pounds (mostly water, probably) but am almost happier that I got through the stressful days without overeating.

Boy, I have to say, though, I was very very aware of how much I wanted to eat what I wanted to eat. Drinking water, chewing sugar-free gum, carrot sticks, etc., doesn't really cut it. But I keep focusing on how much I want to lose these 60 pounds. I really looked at myself in the mirror for the first time and did not like what I saw.

So, long story short: I feel I've finally put myself on the track again.

Thanks for listening.
AuntBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 12:10 AM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Good for you!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:40 PM   #3  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Good for you!! Congratulations!

Be sure to find some foods that you actually enjoy while you are on this journey. Remember, this is a lifestyle change, not a temporary diet. You cannot live on carrot sticks & sugar free gum for forever...really .

There are so many wonderful foods out there that are healthy AND delicious! Check out the many recipe boards here. I've gotten so many great ideas, even if I am not following a specific plan (I've swiped lots of recipes from the South Beach and the Weight Watchers boards).

I know you didn't ask for advice, so I do hope I didn't stick my nose in where it didn't belong. Keep on keepin' on!! You are doing great .
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #4  
age 57

Thank you, Onederchic!

Thank you, Cherylmn. I do feel a wee bit deflated by your commentary. You misunderstood me. I don't eat carrot sticks and gum for dinner. I use those as a tool. We each have our own way of doing this, and for me, I am completely overwhelmed by the thought that "I have to make a lifestyle change." However, the thought of "today I am making a commitment to eat in a way, healthfully, to lose weight--as if I'm on a diet" is less formidable. For me personally, it's semantics. I'm thrilled to pieces that I FINALLY have made a commitment--as if I'm starting a diet, a plan, whatever word you want to use--to get the show on the road and lose this weight. I'm only 1.5 weeks in, but I haven't wavered. Despite almost losing my job and despite seeing 15 coworkers get axed this week. My problem isn't that I'm not aware of tasty food that's healthful. My problem is that I just tend to overeat emotionally.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:38 PM   #5  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Well AuntBea congrats on making it this far. I remember my first week and it was treacherous. I was elated that I made it through. Now 8 months into the game I feel very good about the progress. I'm sure Cherylynn didn't mean to deflate you just giving some helpful hints. It can be rough some days and on the days carrots and sugar free gum will now do the job. but work your plan and go the distance. There will be lots of tweaking along the way and the maintainers are great help. One thing about the maintainers that have been maintaining their loss for months and years...they are going to be tough and you will need it. LOVE THEM!! Stick close to those that have already done what you are trying to do because it is easy to start and fall off. Come often and lock into a group or thread because it helps a lot.

Oh and another thing...enjoy the journey!!!
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:46 AM   #6  
age 57

JiggleFree:
I didn't even realize I was posting in a group for "maintainers." I tend to just come to the 3FC on a Diet blog and read posts & post something when a topic grabs my eye.