My daughter

• I had put on a pair of jeans yesterday morning that I had loved the year before. They were size sixteen Levis and had fit so perfectly when I bought them and then got tight as I gained more weight. That morning when I put them on, I noticed that they were almost falling off (I don't even have to unbutton to go to the bathroom). I walked into the bedroom, all proud of myself, and said to my husband "Look how loose these are" He responded with "Cool".

I continued to look in the mirror multiple times at work to marvel at how big they had gotten. Later last night, our family went shoe shopping. While I was waiting for them all to pick back-to school shoes, I was checking myself out in the mirror (I do it way too much recently). I told my daughter how these jeans used to be tight on me. She gives me a big smile and says "No way! Mom, I am so proud of you" and gave me a kiss. (She's 14 and we were in public so that in itself is a miracle). It made me feel so good.

Just an observation that no matter what the scale says, seeing the concrete proof in a pair of very baggy jeans is WONDERFUL!
  • Awww, that is so sweet! Sounds like an awesome day! Good for you!
  • That's fantastic! Good job!
  • Awww, yay!
  • That's a fabulous story! Thanks for the motivation for the day!
  • awwww, how sweet! WTG on your success so far! I love loose jeans, such a great motivator.

• Also, just have to say it -- clothes speak louder than scales
  • congratulations!! way to go...I'm sure the feeling is amazing. Right now I dream about that!
  • Congrats!! And that moment with your daughter is awesome!!