NSV - not using food to make me feel better!

• So yesterday I was having a bad day and feeling pretty down. Work didn't go so well, and my boyfriend and I are having some issues (if you read my other thread in WLS, you know about that, haha). I was angry and upset and just wanted to stuff my face with chocolate and pizza. And maybe 5, 4, heck even 2 months ago, I would have. But instead I jumped on my bike! I rode fast for about 20 mins on some hilly terrain by my house. It wasn't a planned workout, as I had already done my dvd in the morning, but I used it as a way to feel better, rather than food! I even jumped in the pool and did a little floating/swimming afterward, and I felt so much better about everything. This is the first time in a long time I've done something like that. I remember getting on my bmx bike and doing the same thing in high school when I was full of teenaged angst (haha), but I haven't done that since. And I ate a sensible dinner of a grilled chicken wrap with veggies and allowed myself a few pieces of dark chocolate. But anyway, I think I've finally gotten my brain to think of food as fuel and not a way to cope. And now instead of feeling upset about the other issues PLUS feeling guilty about a binge, I don't really feel that bad about anything

Anyway, just wanted to share! It's kind of funny that my first time sharing a mini goal is a NSV after losing 45 pounds, but I feel like this is a lot more significant to me than anything I've done so far. It means my attitude has finally changed for the better!
  • Good for you!
  • Good for you--you're putting yourself first when you take care of emotions in a constructive way. I'm still trying to learn to do that!! :-) You're doing great!
  • Congrats! That must feel good!
  • Congratulations!

Dhani