My First 5K!

• Today, for the very first time, I participated in a 5k run/walk! It was held in Sacramento, CA by the Alzheimer's Aid Society of Northern California. There was a huge turnout--well over 1,000 people--and I had such a great time! I walked the 5k, something I do as exercise 6 days a week, and finished in 52:52. They gave me a T shirt, towel, drinks and snacks. It was a great turnout and a wonderful cause, one that is close to my heart.

I never thought I would do something like this. I had just begun to accept that I would live the rest of my life and die an obese woman. Starting this journey and realizing that there is a whole world out there I can (and should!) try, I have come to realize that I am capable of doing great things. It was an uplifting experience and a great way to lose weight.

I'm so excited!!
  • Congrats!!
  • So glad to hear your victory at the 5K! Especially since it was for the Alzheimer's Foundation, very close to my heart as well. You did good all around! Congrats!
  • Quote: Starting this journey and realizing that there is a whole world out there I can (and should!) try, I have come to realize that I am capable of doing great things.
    I love this!!! And congrats on your accomplishment!
  • Awesome Job!!!
  • Wow, that's really awesome! I wanted to do that too, I live in Sac. I didn't realize it was this weekend. Too bad

Great job, and that's a good time too!
  • Congratulations!!! Keep up the good work!!
    I recently started training for the C25K program, posts like yours are truly an inspiration!!!
  • Congratulations! Very inspiring
  • Congratulations! It's an awesome accomplishment, and a great cause!
  • That is awesome!
  • If 5K = 5 Kilometer, all I can say is WOW!!!!

Congrats!!!
  • Quote: If 5K = 5 Kilometer, all I can say is WOW!!!!

Congrats!!!
    A 5K is 3.1 miles

great job
  • Yep, a 5K is 5 kilometers, which is 3.1 miles, just slightly less than what I walk six days a week.

Thank you all SO MUCH for your encouragement and support! I love 3FC because I know I can always count on you wonderful ladies and gentlemen to keep me going and celebrate with me!