NSV: Sweat

• I just finished an awesome workout with my sweetheart, & had a great NSV in the process. As we stopped at the end to chug down a bunch of water and check to make sure we were still in one piece, my honey replied "WHOA! You're drenched in sweat!" I wasn't that surprised, as I felt pretty disgusting, but ran to the bathroom anyways to appreciate the fruits of my labor. I have never sweated this much before! I had rivers of sweat running down my neck/chest. It was AWESOME! I looked rather like a Gatorade commercial. I know it's slightly odd, but I was just so proud of my hard earned sweat, I had to come & share.
  • Well done and congratulations on your sweat!!

(What does NSV mean? )
  • Thank you both!

PS: NSV is an abbreviation for Non-Scale Victory.
  • Well, yay! I never used to sweat, even when running. I used to think it was awesome, now I know it wasn't healthy. I would turn super red and huff and puff and if you saw me you'd ask if I needed to go to the emergency room, but no sweat. I started the Insanity workouts which practically guarantee you'll be working out in a puddle of your own sweat. No sweat for me the first four days, now it just pours off of me and I love it!
  • Quote: Thank you both!

PS: NSV is an abbreviation for Non-Scale Victory.
    Thanks!
  • Quote: Well, yay! I never used to sweat, even when running. I used to think it was awesome, now I know it wasn't healthy. I would turn super red and huff and puff and if you saw me you'd ask if I needed to go to the emergency room, but no sweat. I started the Insanity workouts which practically guarantee you'll be working out in a puddle of your own sweat. No sweat for me the first four days, now it just pours off of me and I love it!
    See, I don't really get why it's so good to sweat? Does it really make a difference?
  • Perspiring is one of the important ways the body regulates its temperature. It also rids the body of toxins.

Many women who get hot flashes say that exercising enough to have dripping perspiration keeps the hot flashes at bay.

There is something quite cleansing about it.
  • I unfortunately can sweat just walking uphill on my block!

But I do love the cleansing feeling. And, strangely, the feeling that I just accomplished something!
  • Its a great feeling of sweating!! Knowing how our bodies feel from a workout.. Great job!!! and keep on sweating!! Melt those Lbs aweigh!!
  • Great job!

I always feel grody at the gym because I sweat insane amounts. Oh well. I feel great after my workout. I just keep a towel close by!
  • I love that feeling--what a great victory!