Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-15-2010, 11:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/ticker/115

Height: 4'10"

Default New shorts and old friends

The middle of July my husband and I are going to visit some old friends we have not seen in a bit over a year. I havent said anything to them about my trying to lose weight, and my goal is to arrive at their doorstep, and have it take them a few seconds for them to recognize me. SURPRISE!!

I am down right at 30 pounds now, and another 20 pounds in 9 weeks is going to be a bit tough to pull off, but that is the goal. If its only 15 or so, I will still be very happy, but 20 more is the goal for the next 2 months.

Btw..picked up some size 12 and 14 shorts at a yard sale today. The 14s fit!!! I will be honest and say that they are a tiny bit tight, and the pockets dont sit quite right, but didnt have to lie down or suck in too much to get them fastened. I figure another 5 or 6 pounds, and they will fit just right. Holding onto the 12s for another 15 lbs or so. I cant say I will ever be able to wear that fabled tiny black dress, but I'll be thrilled to be able to wear a pair of size 12 shorts!!
TornadoSiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:08 PM   #2  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Good job so far and good luck.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:53 AM   #3  
Get Thin Within

S/C/G: 307/275/150

Height: 5' 7

Congrats on your weight loss so far!!! You will make your goal cause you are determined to do so. I know you will wow your friends.
Natoshial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 11:55 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/204/150

Height: 5'7"

Good for you! Your friends will be so surprised.

I know what you mean about the pockets, but I just try to ignore them--sometimes I just want to glue them down. I'm trying to fit comfortably into my 12 shorts before vacation. I can zip them up, but then I have the dreaded muffin top . It's hard to get off and on the rides in tight clothes, but I only have 4 weeks to go so I may be hitting the thrift stores for some 14s.

My nephew is getting married in August, so his Mom, my other sister and I are all trying to lose weight. I can't wait to see them even though they are doing better than I am .

Last edited by MaezieZ; 05-18-2010 at 12:00 PM.
MaezieZ is offline   Reply With Quote