Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 05-03-2010, 07:42 PM   #1  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Cool NSV--Teacher Appreciation Week

Today was doughnut day!! The entire office smelled like them, and one of my favorite students made sure that I knew the doughnut were there!! I passed them by.

Wonder what will be in the office tomorrow? I know that different clubs are treating us on different days. Muffins, very large bagels, strawberries with powdered sugar and chocolate.... It's going to be a long week!
fcmonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 11:46 PM   #2  
Do everything in love.

S/C/G: 420/305.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Yay! I have my undergrad degree in secondary English education, so I know how tempting anything yummy (but bad) in the office can be especially when you're having a really long day. It's nice of your students to make treats for the teachers, but you can let the gesture in itself be appreciation enough.
ohlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:42 AM   #3  

Thanks!! At our school, teacher appreciation week is highly regimented. Different clubs have treats that they have "always" supplied and they do not deviate from those.

Yesterday was cookie day. There were still cookies left at the end of the day. Huge cookies. Made by the cafeteria. (Paid for by Beta Club) I don't think I've seen that many cookies together at one time in my life. The cafeteria makes good cookies, but that was not appealing. I'm thinking those cookies will still be there when I go in this morning.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

I know exactly what you mean! I am a school nurse at a middle school and yesterday was our doughnut day too....and I am talking like 8 boxes of all different sorts of doughnuts. I made the mistake of walking in there and the smell was overwhelming.....I turned right out and straight back to my office.....lol. What made it worse was when the secretaries brought their doughnuts back to the office (my office is right inside the main office where they sit).....but I resisted...thankfully! Friday is potluck so I think that one will be easier and I'll actually get to enjoy some of it. I hope that you enjoy your week and your willpower holds up....just remember....your not in this alone....lol!
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:32 PM   #5  

Today was muffin day!!! (And the cookies from yesterday had to be moved to make room for the muffins.) Students were being food pushers as well. I passed on them!!!

I've worked too hard to lose 3 pounds in the past week and a half to mess it up with grocery store muffins. They did smell good. Much better than the cookies and the doughnuts.
Old 06-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/150

Height: 5'4''

This one is so hard for me too- a different staff person brings treats every Friday for the break room and in the future I think I'm going to have to just avoid the entire place at least until lunch when everything gets picked over.

I made it out with a napkinfull of carrots and grapes today and then somehow found myself adding a cupcake at the last minute :/
kylonaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #7  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

Even though I'm not a teacher, this has similarly happened to me. When I was first starting out, I literally needed to excuse myself from the room at the smell of anything warm and chocolatey/sugary. Now, three months in, the bother is much less because I learned to ignore it

Kylonaa: Don't worry! One cupcake will not shatter it all. Just get right back OP or just eliminate some other stuff. I tend to eat lightly during the day because I enjoy having an ice cream cup after dinner.
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote