Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 89.9kgs/82.4kgs/68.0kgs

Height: 5'6

Default I joined the gym ... and I love it!

After a 2 year break I re-joined the gym last Saturday, and have been every other day for an hour at a time. It's 6 days in and so far I've lost 3.3lbs and I'm so happy, mainly because I've not had to drastically change my diet and I'm actually enjoying the gym so much! My most extreme weight loss in a week was about 8lbs, but I didn't eat at all it was just freshly squeezed fruit & veg juice, but over time I quickly put it back on. I even treated myself to a bar of chocolate today and had the willpower to put half back in the fridge for tomorrow.

I haven't had the guts to run on the treadmill yet, which is my goal for next week, but I've been to a few of the classes which the gym holds which I could never imagine myself doing. I went to a Spinning class & mistakenly went to the advanced session instead of beginner, but I kept up for most of it and really felt great about myself after.

At my heaviest I was 90kgs and now I'm 82.4kgs. I'm sad that I'm not any lighter, but I can't expect anything else after years of binging and being lazy. But now, I'm noticing I'm fitter and I have more energy. The weight loss, however small, is an added bonus and it motivates me to keep going back to the gym.

I just wanted to thank the members on here who have posted their inspirational stories as it's encouraged me to aim higher and achieve more.
jello88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:15 AM   #2  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Welcome back to the gym. You'll be on that treadmill in no time!
Good job putting 1/2 the chocolate bar in the fridge! Sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up!
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:25 AM   #3  

gosh i accidently went into an intermediate spinning class and my bums and thigh were killing me and you went into an advanced and survived props to you
sweetchic82 is offline   Reply With Quote