Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #1  
Wandervogel

S/C/G: 241/214.5/150

Height: 5'4

Default NSV... airplane style!!!

This is really strange, but lately I've been down because I look super frumpy in all the clothes I brought with me to Europe. I mean, it's great -- it's because they're getting too big -- but when I don't look my best I feel kind of bummed! Some days I feel like I haven't made any progress, even though the scale says I most definitely have.

But my best friend here and I took a trip to Budapest, Hungary this weekend and I was determined to forget about how I look and just have a great time. When we got on the plane, I sat down to buckle my belt, and something wasn't right...

I kept pulling it smaller and smaller and there was a good five inches of extra belt where there is usually two or three. But the strangest thing was that it wasn't hidden!

Usually I have to pull it tight and secure it under my gut, and when the flight attendant comes by to check that we're belted I've had to lean back and pull it out from under my gut to show her - how embarrassing. But there it was, sitting across my lower abdomen, in plain sight!!

I started laughing and going, "WoooHOOOOOO!! Ahahahaha!! WOW!!" uncontrollably and nearly cried I was so elated. I got really strange looks and I had to calm down long enough to explain to my friend why I was so estatic! We celebrated together!

I really needed it... it's been rough going lately!! Here's to hoping we all feel this more often than not!
Raichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 250.6/see ticker/185/?

Height: 5'8"

Default Nice!

Oh, to be comfortable in an airplane seat! Congratulations on the NSV!
Lil Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:13 PM   #3  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

That's wonderful Raichu: the same goes for car seat belts ~ it's nice to be able to buckle-up and have reams left over. I remember being afraid to sit on chairs becuz I thought that either I wouldn't fit or I might break them. Now I can fit into all the chairs I try. I think there are a host of NSV like this that will be a bonus for us as we continue on our healthy journeys ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 04-12-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:44 PM   #4  

Wow that's fantastic!!! I'm looking forward to a plane trip in June and your post inspires me to keep on going with my goals! Thank you!!!!
redsox33 is offline   Reply With Quote