Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #1  
fra

S/C/G: 231/xx/150 [105/xx/68 kg]

Height: 6' [183 cm]

Talking I can have abs that show? O_O

hey y'all
so, by now I have slimmed down to normal me in lotsa places, I still have kilos hanging on me in some trouble areas, my belly (still huge, darn it), upper thighs, back of the upper arms, and backside.. these past few weeks I started putting a renewed effort towards exercise and I started checking myself out and starting to see... ABS? O_O
I mean, the first time I was able to see my ribcage again I was all hyper, same with collarbones, but abs? I have NEVER seen abs on me! And now I am starting to! This is blowing my mind.. the problem is I have muscles hidden under the big layer of fat, so I can only see em where the fat has gone away (it first diminished in the center upper area, now, it's starting to go away on the sides, in the upper part. the bottom of my belly is still a big jiggly pouch)..
but it makes me think.. when I lose the rest of my extra kilos.. will I be able to see abs on all my belly? O_______O omg... that would be the first time I see my belly as flat, in ALL my life...
sorry I ranted too long xD

Last edited by fra; 04-08-2010 at 03:46 AM. Reason: typos
fra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #2  
GoingTheDistance

S/C/G: 313/252/172

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations!
renstwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:20 AM   #3  
Workin' It

Congrats! Great feeling seeing the definition start to show!

I still have a pocket of fat on my tummy, just above my hips, so I won't ever see perfectly flat abs I don't think. I see definition a lot more now in my middle waist area just below my ribs, right around my belly button, even to the sides of my tummy pooch. I can feel the muscle under there, so I imagine if it went away I would be able to see them. But, I have had a pooch there as long as I can remember, so I'm not surprised it stuck around.

There is a very good chance when you lose the weight you will be able to see more muscle definition, absolutely!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 217/176/130

Height: 5'4

Congrats! That has to be an amazing feeling! Keep up the great work! I'm sure you'll see those abs in no time!!
cynthialynn0313 is offline   Reply With Quote