3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Various NSV's (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/195166-various-nsvs.html)

TexasKari 02-24-2010 01:19 PM

Various NSV's

I've had a few NSV's along the way now with one just the other day:

First time I could buckle the belt easily while driving my husband's car. I dreaded having to drive his car as I did not fit. When I realized I was finally small enough I left the house just grinning from ear to ear. :cool:

First time I realized I was crossing my legs on both sides and the top leg wasnt sticking straight out! :D

Went to Universal Studios over Christmas with the family and was afraid I'd not fit on the roller coasters. A long time ago I didn't realize I'd gained as much weight as I had after my 2 older kids were born. Went to go on a rollercoaster with my husband's little sister and was humiliated when we had to wait for another train so I could sit in the "big" row and even then was stuffed into it by the workers. Hated roller coasters from then on. So...this past Christmas with 90 lbs lost I wasn't sure, but was secretly hoping. Guess what? I fit in the NORMAL seats and LOVED the coasters for the rest of the night! :carrot:

And finally the most recent...driving in the van and realized that the arm rest was in the right place! Used to be, the arm rest was so low on me it was just a way to keep me wedged into the drivers seat so I didn't feel like I was falling off the side. As I've lost the weight that's no longer true, but habit has the arm rest pulled down when I start to drive. Realized the other day that my rear end and thighs had been so big before that now that I've lost weight and inches my arm rests easily on that arm rest!!! :p

I felt this might encourage someone!!! Keep moving forward and celebrate these little victories!

eratosthanes 02-24-2010 09:56 PM

I understand! When I first got this 20 lbs. off, I sat down in my bf's car, and couldn't figure out why the seat belt was tight, when it had fit the day before. Then, I realized that the seat was all the way forward!!! I hadn't been able to buckle it like that in months.

:carrot: for you!

RoseRR 02-24-2010 11:08 PM

Wow that's a lot of good things that are happened to you.. That's great, keep going.

Lil Judy 02-25-2010 05:42 AM

NSV's are reminders of how our lives continue to change as the pounds come off. It's fun to fit into new spaces.
Congratulations!
:carrot: Judy

TexasKari 02-25-2010 07:53 AM

Thank you guys! I lived at and around 300 lbs for 11 years and to have that off and back to where I was in my early 20's is amazing. I'm so excited to see myself in a few months when I do finally reach my goal of a healthy weight and bmi.