First significant NSV!!!

• I'm sure you all understand how discouraging it is to be losing all this weight and no one notices. Week after week (I'm in week 6) I've hoped someone would notice and encourage me. But today it happened and I'm still grinning!

I was walking on the treadmill and my 9 year old daughter came up to me and said, "Mommy, did you realize you're losing weight?" I smiled and said, "yes, have you noticed too?" She said "Yes!"

I haven't talked alot about my effort to lose weight because I don't want her to become weight obsessed (she's a skinny minnie, the doctor wants her to GAIN weight). So she really noticed on her own and it made me feel good since she sees me every day and it's often harder for those who see us every day to see the changes.

I'm looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow morning, I hope it's a good one!!
  • That's just awesome! It just happens so gradually, and when your pants get a little larger, you wonder if maybe you've just stretched them out or if all the hard work is finally paying off. It's great to have someone else notice Keep on going!
  • Good for you! "Out of the mouth of babes...!"
    I hope that your WI is what you hope for.
    Judy
  • Thanks Judy and ZimZim, it was really encouraging to me!

Judy, you're soooo close to Onederland! I'm really excited for you and I can't wait to be so close!!
  • congrats!!!! it's always great knowing that people are noticing what we do, especially if a child notices it!

i have 3 kids myself, but none of them have said a word to me lol it's okay though, they're still really too young to know ANYTHING about weight. my oldest is only 6! so i dont expect anything lol however, my 10 year old niece did say something to me about 3-4 weeks ago that really made me smile ALL day!
  • also, i'm still a newbie around here and have yet to figure out what NSV means.. :s could any of you ladies be so kind as to let me in on this? lol
    thanks
  • I think it means non-scale victory. You might not have lost any weight, but you can fit into smaller clothes, are able to get around better, etc etc.
  • ohhh!!!! thanks