Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 02-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: See sig...

Height: 5'8

You know I have dieted a bunch of times before now, and (yeah this is actually a quote from Rosie O'Donald, but is so true) I never see how skinny I was until I have gained it back. This time around I am training myself to notice those differences, to revel in the fact my clothes fit/are loose. This time around I am taking lots of pictures and when I ever feel like my efforts are for not I cycle through them, in the order they where taken, and congratulate myself on the weight I have honestly loss.

Also this time around any time I look in the mirror and feel particularly conceded i make a point to take a picture. For some reason my smugness shines through the picture and I "remember" that feeling and I feel better.

Either way, congratz on your loss .

Last edited by Bluejaybythesea; 02-10-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Bluejaybythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:11 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 331/191/170

Height: 5'10

I'm like that as well .. just dont see it when other people do..
I think progress photos are the way to go .. so you can see what you looked like as our mind doesnt keep up with it Im going to be getting my husband to take a pic of me on the first day of every month so when I look at it when i have lost anything I hopefully will be able to see it as mirrors lie.. Im sure of it.. or is that our minds and congrats on reaching your mini goal
Karencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 427/412/240

People looking on the outside see it before you do. When I first lost my 80 pounds, I didn't see a change at all, but my mom told me she thought I was getting way too small. Taking pictures every week and comparing them later might help.
427pounder is offline   Reply With Quote