Finished one week of new diet/exercise

• Well, this is only a very small start, and I have a very very long way yet to go, but I'm glad I got through the first week of trying to eat less/eat more healthfully, and increasing my exercise. I am hoping to continue to eat more healthfully and to gradually, slowly increase my exercise over the next few months until I am finally at my goal weight and feel better. I figure it will be a one-year project. I've lost six pounds my first week, but that's just water weight. My body really holds on to a lot of water sometimes and whenever I try to diet even a little bit, I lose that water weight at first. So it sounds like a lot in one week but really it's just how my body responds when I cut out the sugar and eat less. I plan on losing about 1/2 lb. per week from here on out.
  • Congrats! I say the first week is defiantly the hardest. Good luck, you can do it!
  • Thank you so much! I was soooo hungry at times this past week while I was trying to learn to eat smaller portions/fewer calories. It IS hard! But it's worth it. I want to feel better and be healthier. Like you, I'm tired of being less healthy than I could be!

• Hey, six pounds is six pounds - good for you, the first week can be a killer but now on to week 2 - you're off to great start!
  • It's taken me literally 3 months to lose 10 lbs but I still consider it a success. It's so-o-o-o much harder than when I was younger. Although it's only 10 lbs I know that I've made really positive changes and feel that this time I can stick with them. Here's to "healthier" all of us!
  • Way to go!! Just remember to stick with it! I find it so encouraging to read the success stories on this site just as a reminder that sicking with it will give me so many rewards.
  • Congrats Healthierlor! Keep going! I had lost 4 pounds in the first two weeks of my exercise. then i rapidly started losing weight when i put myself on interval training on cardio machines losing 9 pounds every month!
  • yay well done you !!! xxx
  • The hardest part is getting started, congratulations on keeping at it this week. Here's to many more!!!
  • I made 2 weeks of exercise every day but one. I bribed myself with no reading unless I was on the treadmill. Finished 3 books. Have a new callus!
  • Six pounds is great! Good luck with the rest, I know you can do it!
  • This past week (my third week in) was when things started feeling better. Less hunger pangs, more energy.

Keep it up you lost a lot in one week! Woo Hoo!
  • Thanks for the great support, you guys are the best! I'm in week 3 now and my hunger pangs have gone away, and I feel great! I know I can do this! I've lost 13 lbs. so far, but that's not even the most important thing, the most important thing is that I feel much better than I have for pretty much all my life! I must have eliminated some food that didn't agree with me, I don't know. I sure do like feeling this good!
  • Great start!
  • good for you! i have just started an exercise program too and i've barely made it through the week i'm so exhausted from it, so i know what an accomplishment is!