Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 PM   #1  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Default NSVs - bras and shopping in my closet

Two big NSVs today, even though I am only down 17 lbs!

First, I have a huge wardrobe of scrub tops, but only a handful that I have been able to wear. There were only one or two of the 3x pullovers that fit comfortably, and the rest were snap fronts that I had to wear open with a tee underneath. Today, I tried on about 6 of my previously too tight 3x's and they FIT! I cannot wait to go back to work Tuesday...I am going to wear a "new" top every day! It felt so good to go "shopping" in my own closet and come out with a whole new wardrobe for work. Next step, I have about a dozen scrub tops in a 2x that are waiting for me!

Second, I have been wearing cheap, pull over sports bras almost exclusively for about a year because all my bras were uncomfortable. They offer no support or shape and I have that God-awful uniboob with them. Sure, they were comfortable, but I always felt frumpy and unattractive with them. I mean, come one, about the only good thing about being overweight is having a nice rack! Well, on a whim this morning I put on one of my "real" bras that I have not worn in at least a year, and not only did it fit, but I could actually put it on the middle and not the loosest closure! I feel so much more womanly and shapely...I got my curves back...no more single blob of chest for me. I got boobs again!
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 12:50 AM   #2  
Weigh Down Yonder

YAY - GOOD FOR YOU! Few things feel better than being able to fit into something that you couldn't before (another is when you can't wear something 'cuz it's too big!) - so show off those "new" tops now that you're also lifted and separated and wait for the compliments!

Keep up the good work - it's evidently working for you - can't wait to hear about your next closet shopping spree for the waiting 2x's!

Last edited by leeway; 01-16-2010 at 07:18 PM.
leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:36 AM   #3  
I'm not drunk, I have MS.

S/C/G: HW:250/SW://170

Height: 5'8" Apple Shape

That has got to be the best feeling in the world! Congratulations.
ShootingStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:55 PM   #4  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

Thanks, everyone! I have never been this excited to go to work, LOL!
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:35 AM   #5  
MsWannaBSlim

S/C/G: 230/179/159 lbs

Height: 5' 4"

Default Love it!

I think we're all guilty of hanging onto our 'skinny' clothes but way to go - you are actually fitting the things you've hung on to!! 17 lbs is a lot and it sounds like it's your body shape that is changing significantly so congratulations - enjoy those tops and the bra - you've definitely earned it Yay for you!!
MsWannaBSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:35 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Excellent! What a great boost it is to have "new" and smaller clothes to wear! Keep up the good work and you will have many more of these NSVs.

Cheers,

J

Last edited by LotusMama; 01-18-2010 at 12:35 PM.
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:29 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 225/160/140

Height: 5'5"

Feels good don't it?
Congratulations girl, keep up your awesome work!!!
justformenow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #8  
Almost there

S/C/G: 210/147/145

Height: 5'4"

Congratulations! You say you lost ``only`` 17lbs, but that`s a big amount! You`ve come a long way and you`ll be fitting into those 2Xs in no time!

I definitely find fitting into clothes I used to wear more exciting than buying new ones!
Kirjava is offline   Reply With Quote