3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   NSV--Jeans! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/187597-nsv-jeans.html)

LotusMama 12-06-2009 12:13 AM

NSV--Jeans!

I have not worn jeans in many, many years, although I have desperately wanted to. I have always had a bit of trouble finding jeans that fit well (for some reason, the waist is ususally too big, but I can't wear a smaller size because they would not fit in the hips). And, even when I found jeans that fit, I just never felt like I looked very good in them.

Today, I went to a clothing store I have never been to before. My sister-in-law is a big fan of this store, so I went to get a gift certificate for her. While I was there, I saw some cute jeans. For reasons that aren't entirely clear to me, I grabbed a pair of jeans that are a size smaller than the pants I am currently wearing and tried them on. To my complete amazement, they fit perfectly and they looked pretty good on me! I ended up buying two pair and wore one to a party this evening. I got a lot of compliments.

Wearing jeans that I can feel good in has felt so out of reach to me for so long. Being able to find jeans that fit (and then actually wearing them) is a big deal for me. And, this NSV came at the right time. I only lost .2 this week and was feeling a bit out of sorts over it. The jeans have improved my outlook!

Thanks for letting me share this with you!

J

Onederchic 12-06-2009 12:15 AM

J, this is so fantastic. I am happy for you. Congrats :hug:

cabinwife 12-06-2009 12:18 AM

J, I know just how you feel. I too have a hard time finding jeans that fit me right, so I just tend to avoid wearing them. I look forward to the day that I can walk into a store, try on a pair of jeans, and have them fit perfect. Thanks for sharing...it is encouraging! Congrats! :carrot:

LotusMama 12-06-2009 12:23 AM

Michelle and cabinwife, thanks to both of you! Most people in my life would not understand why this is such a big deal to me. It is so nice having people out there who get it.

Cheers,

J

leeway 12-06-2009 12:26 AM

:carrot::cp::broc::cp::cb:

I think jeans are a big nightmare for most of us in one way or another so we can all understand your joy and amazement over finding jeans that fit and look good, too!:woohoo:

Thanks for sharing - it's fun to celebrate this victory with you - keep up the good work - there will be more victories like this for you - and we'll all be here to cheer you on!

:bravo:

LotusMama 12-06-2009 12:34 AM

Leeway, you are so kind; thank you. I will be here to cheer you on as well!

Cheers,

J

lauralyn 12-06-2009 06:38 AM

Finding a good pair of jeans can be so thrilling! I have a problem finding a good fitting pair because if I buy them snug enough so that they do not sag on the butt area they tend to leave me with a muffin top. I am really working on that muffin top issue though! ;)

Anywas, I am glad you found jeans that you like and make you happy!

losermom 12-06-2009 08:02 AM

J, finding jeans that fit and look good is awesome! You are doing great! Adding jeans into your wardrobe is going to amp up your hotness factor!

effie12 12-06-2009 10:18 AM

Congrats on the jeans!!!!! Maybe one day I'll find a pair that suits me, but until then, I'll live through your rush!

LotusMama 12-06-2009 10:53 AM

Thanks for the support, everyone; it makes the jeans NSV even more thrilling!

Cheers,

J

MsWannaBSlim 12-06-2009 11:45 AM

sometimes the scale tells half truths

Hey congratulations on the great accomplishment! It is so great to find something fits that you couldn't fit or feel comfortable in before. And the scale! Sometimes the 2 lbs doesn't register as progress but what is difficult to sometimes see is the change in our body shape - 2 lbs lost could equal to losing 3 lbs of body fat but gaining 1 lb of muscle. So, way to go! Now hit those jean stores!!:carrot:

mateosmama2005 12-06-2009 02:09 PM

I have the same problem! Hopefully when I loose more weight I will find a pair! Congratulations! !

LiL PiXiE 12-06-2009 04:19 PM

LOL I thought I was the only one with jeans issues. I only wear leggings because of this. On black friday I actually bought to pair of pants but....the fit good in the butt but in the front like kind of big, they are perfec around the waist but too loose on my legs...a size smaller was good in the leg area but was about it....it's horrible. Kind of depressing....

Congrats to you though, I can imagine how exciting it must feel!

LotusMama 12-06-2009 05:49 PM

Thanks so much! It was completely unexpected; I am really not sure why I even grabbed the jeans to try on, but I am so glad I did.

Cheers,

J

jazzang 12-06-2009 08:14 PM

congrats!! jeans are a big milestone. i had my own NSV today: i tried on my size 14's and they fit! no more size 16! that means no more plus sizes :)