3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Small victory - 12 mile bike ride (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/186961-small-victory-12-mile-bike-ride.html)

Phantom Goddess 11-23-2009 06:06 PM

Small victory - 12 mile bike ride

When I was in middle school - I always used to ride my bike from my house to a shopping center with Target and Books A Million and other stores. Which is a six mile trek one way. I did this every weekend, riding 12 miles to go shopping. After I started driving at 18, I stopped riding my bike and began driving everywhere.

That was 6 yrs ago. Today I took my bike out of the shed and with a liter of water I biked down to Target and came back. I had tried it before, but I gave up before getting very far.

I am still in shock that I made the entire 12mile journey. I never thought I would be able to do it, and the best thing was that it was soo easy. I literally felt like I was flying. On the last leg of the trip, I picked my speed up and was zooming down the sidewalk.

I really want to do this again tomorrow!!! Who needs to sit on a stationary bike when you can fly? :carrot:

Jokan 11-23-2009 08:44 PM

Congrats, to me it feels like too much fun to be exercise!!

bensempress 11-23-2009 09:57 PM

Awesome! I'm so glad it's such a fun time, makes it easier to keep doing it:)

What a great way to get fresh air and some sunshine too!

leeway 11-24-2009 02:32 AM

:carrot::cp::broc::cp::cb:

A small victory - it sounds like a medium to large one to me - 12 miles? :woohoo:

How fun is that? You really must have felt like a kid again - riding a bike like that can be such a joyful and freeing experience - like you said, flying!

Thanks for sharing your joy with us - and keep up the good work - you'll be at your goal before you know it and we'll all be here to cheer you on!

:bravo:

Phantom Goddess 11-24-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeway (Post 3023756)
:carrot::cp::broc::cp::cb:

A small victory - it sounds like a medium to large one to me - 12 miles? :woohoo:

How fun is that? You really must have felt like a kid again - riding a bike like that can be such a joyful and freeing experience - like you said, flying!

Thanks for sharing your joy with us - and keep up the good work - you'll be at your goal before you know it and we'll all be here to cheer you on!

:bravo:

Thanks!!! I call it a small victory because it's something I used to do all time. If it had been something I never had done before, then yea it would have been a huge thing!!!

Onederchic 11-26-2009 05:09 PM

:woohoo:

Civakas 11-28-2009 02:25 PM

Woah, I cannot imagine biking for 12 miles! Congrats on your great accomplishment!