Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 11-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

Default I finally get to post here!

After ten months of being on this site I finally have the privilege of reaching a mini-goal and getting to tell everyone about it! This morning I woke up and hopped on the scale and I was 182.8 pounds which means I officially lost 10 percent of my starting weight.

It took a long time. I came close to this point two times over the past ten months. The first time I was extremely restrictive with diet and exercise and I only lasted about 2 weeks. I ended up losing 12 pounds in those two weeks but I couldn't maintain it and those pounds were back in probably less time they took me to lose them.

The second time was in the middle of this summer. I was on vacation and I was eating healthy portions and spending plenty of time outside and walking TONS in order to discover the cities I was in. Then I got home (a place I hadn't been in over a year due to my job overseas) and the thrill of being able to order fast food again in my native language took over! It was awful! Not to mention forcing my mom to cook me all my favorite dishes that I had missed out on in the past year.

Both experiences taught me invaluable lessons. I now eat carefully watch my portions and try to make sure that the foods I am eating are as nutritious as possible, but I am not obsessing over calories (that doesn't work for me, though I know it's a great system). I make sure I'm active as much as possible. And now I prepare all my own food. No more fast food!

I feel like I am eating in a totally normal way, and I am losing weight! It's not difficult to maintain and I feel amazing. I don't DREAD going to the gym because I am actually getting enough calories to sustain that level of activity. I've dropped two sizes and I feel so much more pretty and confident everyday and it's just been 20 pounds!

Anyway, now that I've rambled on forever I'll stop myself but I am feeling AWESOME today and I can't wait to get to the gym and continue on with this weight loss journey. Only nine more pounds to my next goal and then I will officially no longer be obese!!!!!!!!!

I don't have my camera cord but when I get it I plan on doing progress pics, so look forward to those
caitybates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:48 PM   #2  
Each day is a victory!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Height: 5'2"

Awesome job! You must be so proud losing 10%! That is a really huge step I think! Keep up the good work, you can do it!
KaCee J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 03:01 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 05:42 PM   #4  

Height: 5'11"

Congratulations! I know that every pound counts, and every inch lost is a victory, but there is something really satisfying about reaching a milestone, and losing 10% of your weight is definitely a milestone. Good job!
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #5  
Weigh Down Yonder

Congrats on reaching your mini goal and getting to post in this section - enjoy the moment - you've earned it!

Hindsight can certainly reassure you that those "failings" were the real life lessons that allowed you to not only meet your mini goal but will also carry you through the rest of your journey to achieve your overall success. How smart you are to take these lessons and run with them, finding what is right for you and going for it!

Thanks for sharing this special milestone - it's a great boost to those of us at the beginning of our challenge - it's also fun to celebrate a victory!

Keep up the good work - I have every confidence of your continued success - can't wait to see your photos!

leeway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 PM   #6  

It's so encouraging to hear your story - it took me six full months to hit the 10% loss mark, and it's been taking me a long time to reach my second mini-goal of onederland. Sometimes I get discouraged when I see people losing 2-3 pounds a week, so it's great to see someone on a different journey. So I'm glad to see someone who losing slowly - but losing, which is the most important thing!

Thanks for sharing your success! Congrats! The first 10% is a huge milestone! Best wishes on your next minigoal of BMI under 30!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #7  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Way to go on reaching the 10% mark! I love your attitude!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote