3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Success Stories > Mini-Goals

Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

I went to the gym!!!

Old 09-03-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
Strong is the new Pretty!

S/C/G: 245/ticker/1??

Height: 5'2"

Default I went to the gym!!!

I haven't been to the gym in 12ish years and I had never taken a class at a gym. My excercise so far has been at home with DVDs and my elliptical or walking around the duck pond in my neighborhood. Today I went to my first gym class - I went to a 50 minute spin class. It was awesome! I am not sure if I am going tomorrow or if I am going to wait until Tuesday so that I can have the same teacher. I know that I have to go get a cushy gel seat cover thing before I do it again, my bootie hurts.

I decided I should appreciate what I have and I get gym access for free and it is 5 minutes away. Not using it when I am trying to get fit just because I'm embarasssed or something is silly. I know there are people out there who would love to be able to go to the gym and can't afford it or don't have a good one close enough to where they live. For me to have a great, free gym 5 minutes away and not use it is crazy. So I decided to put on my big girl panties and deal with my issues and go. I survived. Maybe I did look silly, but so did everyone else in the room. I'm not there to impress someone, I'm there to get fit. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought anyway. WooHoo!
FitGirlyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:13 PM   #2
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Stopped smoking October 21, 2008
Made it to Onederland July 16, 2009

Transformation in Pictures

My Facebook

Achievement seems to be connected with action. Successful men and women keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit.
- Conrad Hilton

Disclaimer: I am not a registered dietitian, nutritionist, any kind of health professional or fitness expert...I'm just a woman who's lost 161.5 pounds so far with a lot of hard work.
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #3

S/C/G: 230/230/140

Height: 5'3

Awesome!!! Happy for you.. I know it is not always easy.. we have a small gym here..small town-small gym-small minded people-AGH.. I hated going there.. there are a few there and one of the "trainers" who you just know is judging every person in there... it disturbs me greatly... but I have decided that WHEN I get my butt in gear and get out running this fall(I prefer to run outside) that when it is too icy on the sidewalks to run in the winter that I will suck it all up and like you haul on those big girl undies and go there to take advantage of the treadmills and ellipticals till the spring come to keep me moving... so thank you because you jsut gave me that extra push to make that final commitment to that "idea" lol o happy for you!!!
May God bless .. I hope you have a great week! and good luck next time round!
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

Last edited by Cape Breton Chick : 09-03-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Cape Breton Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:30 PM   #4

S/C/G: 300/ticker/190

Height: 5'9"

Way to go! That's excellent progress. In my experience, most people at the gym are more worried about how they look than how other people look, anyway. Last time I went with my sister in law, who is in FANTASTIC shape, I told her at least I'm helping her look even better, by comparison :-)
bcort is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.