3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   My first 20!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/177176-my-first-20-a.html)

Niecy 07-21-2009 09:04 AM

My first 20!!!

I lost another whole pound for the second day in a row and I am over half-way to goal!!! When I started coming here and learned of calorie counting, I believe I was right at 166. I am at a point now where I am in shock that I am doing this....really doing this! Just when I think my weight loss has slowed, BAM, it just starts coming off again.

I started out doing the stationary bike and treadmill. In the beginning with the bike, I could only do about 6 miles in 30 minutes. It is on a set program that throws in hills and what feels like mountains, haha. I am now up to 9.1 miles in 30 minutes on the same program. On the treadmill in the beginning, I could only jog for a minute and walk for 4 minutes and I would do this back and forth for a 20 minute session. I can now jog for the first 15 minutes straight (which is a whole mile) and walk for the last 5 minutes. So I am logging a little over 10 miles per cardio session 2x's a day. I just CANNOT believe it! If I can go from literally sitting on my rear 24 hours a day to THIS, A.N.Y.O.N.E can do it!

I ordered 30 day shred (BTW, got it on Amazon for $6.49!!!) so I am hoping that will help shape me up also. Throwing in the weight training has been my one slip up since starting. I am not doing it nearly as much as I should. I am going bathing suit shopping this evening so that should put my rear in gear, haha.

Beck 07-21-2009 09:08 AM

Congrats! I'd love to hear what you think of the 30 Day Shred; I'm interested in getting it, too.

Eumie 07-21-2009 09:34 AM

Excellent job! Keep up the good work.

Madison 07-21-2009 09:38 AM

Congrats!! :)

sharongracepjs 07-21-2009 09:41 AM

Good work! Your dedication is paying off! Thanks for sharing your triumph :D

(What's the 30-Day Shred??)

Niecy 07-21-2009 09:52 AM

Sharon, it is a 30 day program designed by Jillian Michaels. My understanding is that it is circuit training with cardio and strength training all rolled into one that keeps the heart rate up for a better calorie burn. Last year, I signed up for her online program when I attempted to lose weight, failed miserably and quit. It consisted of jumping jacks, running in place, weight training with handweights and using your own body weight as resistance. It has different levels spread over the 30 day period. If it is anything like the online program, it will be worth its weight in gold because that was difficult.

But I am looking for a challenge. Hope this is it!

Onederchic 07-21-2009 09:55 AM

Wooo!! Congrats :D :hug:

PS _ I ♥ Jillian and the 30 Day Shred ( and No More Trouble Zones and Burn Fat, Boost Metabolism :D )

Mrs Snark 07-23-2009 07:16 AM

Fantastic Niecy, that's great! I love hearing about your sports achievements, that's just awesome!

Judy Lynn 07-23-2009 08:47 AM

Way to go!

Niecy 07-23-2009 01:18 PM

Update on 30 day shred

Beck; while today is only my first day with 30 Day Shred, I cannot see how it will NOT work! Naturally, I started on level one. I am going to try to do each level for 10 days. It was difficult but I could feel it afterwards. My muscles are shaking so I GUESS that is a good sign? lol

Moralia 07-23-2009 02:02 PM

Awesome job!!! :carrot:

I just started the 30 Day Shred yesterday, and OUCH! LOL!!! I agree, it's GOT to work! lol!!!!

MontanaAshli 07-23-2009 02:42 PM

That was definitely motivational.. Congrats!