3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Things I Have Realized Going From 290 something to 252 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/176467-things-i-have-realized-going-290-something-252-a.html)

Robbynmarie k 07-11-2009 05:32 PM

Things I Have Realized Going From 290 something to 252

* It is not all about the number on the scale because some days it will be higher, especially during that time of the month.

* Do not be all like "perhaps I will be friends with that person when I am thin." If they can not value you as a person now, they sure as heck do not deserve you then.

* To all of those who said you coul not do it....you are doing it...you are getting there!!!

* Be proud of yourself....even if noone else is.

* weight loss is not only a journey in its own aspect, but you find your self down the line too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I saw the scale this morning barely pass 250 and after making sure it was not offset or anything and stepping on it 10 times and even having my husband looking at it...... I cried....tears of happiness.............my family always told me I would NEVER amount to anything...to give up..... well for once I am on control.......and I am not giving up. So besides the scale goal... I have so many other victories and discoveries I have made.

midwife 07-11-2009 05:40 PM

Congrats!!! Congrats on both the weight loss and the realizations!! I think this journey is about so much more than simple weight loss, and I just love what you shared with us. :carrot:

Trying2008 07-11-2009 05:47 PM

Congratulations on losing weight and being in control....I can relate to alot of what you wrote.... Congrats again! :)

Onederchic 07-11-2009 05:47 PM

You are amazing! Congrats :D :hug:

Tracy 07-11-2009 06:27 PM

:congrat:

pucedaisy 07-11-2009 06:43 PM

wow, you've lost 44 pounds! that is fantastic! and as you said, only a part of what you have accomplished. thank you so much for sharing your insight.

zanni 07-11-2009 07:24 PM

Congrats!!! You have such a great attitude! :)

dietcokehead98 07-11-2009 07:24 PM

I really needed that; to read your post. I hopped online feeling discouraged because for SOME REASON, I got on the scale right after dinner. It said 214.5. I'm way under my calories and have already logged 30 mins on the treadmill today, in addition to cleaning the house and grocery shopping-and it said 214.5.

Thank you for your post. It was just what I needed. And congrats on your weight loss. 44lbs is AMAZING.

CandieRae 07-11-2009 07:34 PM

Congrats to you! You are doing GREAT! I can't wait to lose as much as you have! Keep up the great work. We're all rootin' for ya!

shrinkingleah 07-11-2009 08:46 PM

Your post just makes me super happy. You are doing great and you will continue to because you have such a great attitude towards changing your life. Way to go!

Mrs Snark 07-12-2009 06:32 PM

I'm so glad for you, you are DOING IT! Congratulations! I hope you danced around with joy and that your husband praised you to the roof! You deserve it!

bcort 07-19-2009 10:25 AM

Excellent! You are proving the negative ones wrong!

Rainbow 07-20-2009 07:19 AM

Well done :D:carrot:

I remember well still when I reached 44lb loss - felt like a massive milestone reached - until then I'd never managed to lose more than 35lb and then put it back on - once I'd lost about 44 I knew I could do it and get to goal :)

Amazing what you learn along the way of a weight loss journey :) You are doing so week keep it up!!!!

Samantha100 07-20-2009 07:27 AM

Losing weight is also about discovering new aspects of ourselves and giving ourselves permission to be successful and empowered. We are all so proud of your accomplishments. You make my day!