I'm overweight not obese!!!

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • LOL so funny that I'm excited to be labled "overweight" haha

Today I'm 185 so at 5'6" my BMI is 29.9 "overweight". I have another 31 lbs to go to be "normal"
  • Congrats!! I hate the labels they use for the BMI. Keep up the awesome work. I really like your goal list, mini goals make it easier to keep going!
  • You go girl!!!!!!
  • Congrats! I'm close to being "obese" not "morbidly obese", and I'm eyeing that goal with anticipation!
  • That is a big huge deal!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Congratulations, You are doing a great job at meeting those mini goals.

I will watch for you at Shamrocks & Shenanagan's. I was just on line last night, they have changed the route and limited it to 1,500 people. I hope it's a nice day, I walked 3 miles in the rain on Saturday and Sunday to prepare for this.
  • Thank you, thank you ladies I love having these mini goals, it's something I learned from others on this site. It can be overwhelming to think "I have 100 lbs to lose" but when you break it down into mini goals it makes it attainable. Plus it's so much more fun to celebrate these mini achievements instead of thinking I still have 45 lbs to go.

Next weight goal lose 20 lbs, I'll be 165, that will be 75lbs lost and 3/4 of the way to GOAL!!! (I'm a data analyst so I like numbers ) Another thing that helps is that I don't set dates for when I have to meet my weight related goals.

wanna b thin - Hello! Thank you and thanks for the update on the run. I'll have to go to the site to check out the new route. I hope we bump into each other it would be great to meet fellow 3FC member!
  • Congratulations! That's such an achievement!
  • That's wonderful! Congratulations. You are doing a fantastic job!
  • congrats !!!
  • I feel your excitement. I am 3 pounds from being just overweigt.
  • You are doing GREAT!!!

Although I don't really buy in to the one size fits all regarding BMI I remember how excited I was when I was no longer obese.

Again, congratulations and good luck on your upcoming runs.
  • Hooray! Overweight is kinda hot...(IMHO!) Good luck on your next mini-goal...5K
  • It really is the little things that count...congratulations...!!!
  • CONGRATS!! Keep up the great work.