Proud of myself

• I had to go back to work today (I am pretty much in the car a good part of the day) and I decided to stop and get an iced tea at Dunkin Donuts. I LOVE that stuff - plain - no sweetner - extra ice. Anyway - I was a little hungry too - but what can you eat at DD that is ok - nothing really. I was craving a muffin - so I got a blueberry one (was at the drive thru) and broke the top off and as I was driving by the trash on my way past the window - I threw the rest away !!!!!!! Now I know that half a muffin is still not great - but last year it would have been TWO muffins and a few months ago a whole one. I had a treat and didn't ruin my hard work for the day !!!!!!!!!!!
  • Good job Witchy! Hooray for small triumphs!
  • That's an ENORMOUS non-scale victory, Witchy!

Not to highjack your post, but I've been wanting to say for some time now that I just LOVE your avatar! Go Sox (especially this weekend!)

Mary in Fitchburg, Massachusetts (for now)
  • Thank you guys - small victories feel as good as big ones.

Yes - Jason is my little obsession - along with the Red Sox. I could watch him squat behind the plate for hours and I have !!!! I want to see them kick some Yankee - bum bum !!!!
  • Congratulations on your Dunkin Donuts victory.

Joining the crowd rooting for a Red Sox thrashing of the dirty Yankees this weekend.
  • Hey! That's definitely a workable strategy--especially the throwing away part! Always get rid of what you don't eat in a case like that, because it's too tempting later to nibble on it.

Jay
  • Great restraint WITCHY!

oh, and any day is a good day that the yankees lose...

GO DODGERS!...and ANGELS
  • Congratulations on taking half a muffin, you have come a long way since the beginning. Remember small victories turn into big ones.

Keep up the good work, Good luck with the rest of your weight loss journey and reaching your goal.
  • Thank you guys - it's kind of fun to do stuff like that - very empowering throwing away that damn half a muffin.