My brutally honest 4 year old...

• you know how kids are sometimes...

Well, she came home from daycare sick and I was sitting on the floor with her by her bucket and she says to me, "mommy, you are getting really skinny." I know I'm no where near skinny but this is the same kid that asked me about 6 months ago why I was still fat even though her sister had already come out of my tummy. LOL! Her sister was already a year old by then. I was just too lazy to do anything about my fat tummy.

So, that made my day. Even in my frumpy clothes I looked like a skinny mom to her. How nice!
  • Awwwww how sweet! The honesty of a child makes the compliment all the more valid
  • Awww, that's awesome -- and cute! Congratulations.
  • I love kids. They can be the most adorable little creatures on the face of this earth! I used to love watching that show "Kids Say the Darndest Things" with Bill Cosby

Doesnt matter if it came from a 4 year old or a 50 year old, a compliment is a compliment!
  • Yes....a compliment from our children has to be the most honest and rewarding compliment. My children do it to me alot. So congratulations on the wonderful and extremely honest compliment!!!
  • That's so sweet! I hope your daughter is feeling better.
  • Sweet :-)
  • awww how cute thats great
  • Yay!! When kids notice, you *know* everyone else does! They are so honest sometimes to a fault hehe. My 3 year old laughs at my butt and belly constantly. It doesn't hurt my feelings, but man will I be happy when he doesn't have anything to point out on me!
  • aww thats so cute!
  • Ah what a sweet girly, yes kids can sure be brutally honest!