Today is the start of week 5 of my new, healthier lifestyle. Here's my progress so far:
Goal: 4 days lifting/week + 2 days cardio/week + 1 active rest.
Accomplishment: Made it, with cardio to spare!
Goals: 1200 cals/day; 33% cals from fat (mostly "good"), protein, carbs; no refined carbs
- 1150 cals/day
- 36% protein, 34% carbs, 31% fat
- refined carbs: 2 beers @ 2 baseball games, 2 tsp. maple syrup, and some pre-packaged soup containing honey. I'm SO over it!
(no set mini-goals)
- Weight: lost 8.5 pounds
- Height: same
- Bust: lost at least an inch (stupidly didn't measure at T1, but I can tell my bras are looser)
- Waist: lost 1.5 inches
- "Pooch": lost 1/2 inch (stubborn spot for me)
- Hips: lost 2 inches
- Thigh: lost 1.25 inches
- Biceps: lost 1/4 inch (mixed news for me)
:Yesterday I saw my former lifting partner for the first time in a month. (He moved.) The second thing he said to me, after "hello," was, "dang, girl, you look great -- have you been working out?" Well, now that you mention it, YES!
I'm sure my weight and inch losses will slow in the next month, both because the water weight and "easy" stuff is gone and because I'm facing a cross-country move and a 4-day conference where time and healthy food will be harder to find. But I'm *so* motivated to keep going!
Thanks for "listening," and thanks for the support, chickies!