Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 07-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #1  

Default Went Walking With My Kids!

I am a newbie but I wanted to share that today I went walking with my kids. We walked about 2 miles. I cannot believe I was able to do it. I have not done any exercise in a LONG time. It has been almost a year I have been struggling with being a single parent, my son has Autism, I have PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) and depression, and I am a full time college student. Life has just gotten so overwhelming. I know that in order to stay alive I will have to workout every day. That is my goal - just to work out every day doing some kind of exercise. I know it is just one workout but you would not believe how long I have made excuses and put it off. I am just really happy and wanted to share
PCOSbattlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 07:26 PM   #2  
The Victorious One

S/C/G: 218/171, Starting over 198/?

Height: 5'6

Smile

Thanks for sharing! 2 miles, wow since you said that its been awhile since you exercised; I'm glad you had the strength to take the first step to a road to a healthy life. Not only for you to be happy, but also for your children can see you happy and be that positive role model in their lives. I just want to encourage you to stay strong this journey isn't easy (seriously I should know, I'm dealing with ME and family), but I'm taking it one day at a time, I'm not looking at my now situation because if I do I will easily get depressed. I'm FOCUSING ON where I see myself when I reach my goal! Keep up the great work, your hardwork will pay off!!!!!
butterflykiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:34 AM   #3  
MSer living healthy

S/C/G: 300/176/170

Height: 5ft 8in

on walking 2 miles that is a great achievement because of the many obstacles you have to deal with in life. But the best thing is you have started on the road to being a healthier you the first steps are the hardest.

Welcome to 3fc as I see this is you first post I am sure that you will find the support and encouragement you need along the way. There is a forum for P.C.O.S here on 3fc and you may find it useful in there as there are other ladies with the same syndrome as yourself.

with the rest of your weight loss journey and keep up the good work, I am sure that you can achieve your goal.
purpleorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:25 PM   #4  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Your children are adorable! Keep up the great work - you certainly have two great sources of motivation there!

Kara
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote