This is what it's really all about

• This morning as I was getting ready to go running dd (3 1/2) woke up. I peeked my head in and told her if she had to potty she could get up and then daddy was downstairs and I was going running. Much to my surprise I heard her get up and race to the bathroom and then she headed downstairs carrying shirt, shorts, undies and socks.

Getting her up and dressed in the morning is often a 40 minute process so this was very surprising.

As she pulled on her clothes she said "I have running shoes and a running medal just like mommy" (she has a little medal from a 50 yd. fun run we did last year). I was heading out the door and she looked at me and she said "But mommy I want to go running WITH you".

So we went running. She held my hand and we ran about 2 blocks and then turned around and ran home. And she went in and I started my run.

My little girl is copying what I do, and what she sees is healthy.....what an amazing thing!
  • Too precious! It's great for kids to have parents who model healthy choices... she's lucky!
  • That's a wonderful story. What a great role model you are for your children!
  • Aww! That is sooo great!
  • That is so great! Keep up the great work, Momma!

Kara
  • That's awesome! I love it!
  • Now THAT is an inspirational story! I hope to hear something similar from my own children one day.
  • That is darling! Wonderful NSV!
  • Aww thats so sweet.
    thanks for sharing.
  • That is such a great story. Children definitely learn by watching what their parents do, not by what they are told to do.
  • That is so sweet!
  • That is a fabulous story. I know I got a lot of my issues from seeing my mom always talk down about her looks from the time I was itty bitty. You are doing amazing things for both of you!
  • What a great story, and what a motivation to keep up the healthy lifestyle!

Here's to many runs and healthy habits with your kids!