I ran a mile!!

• I have been doing Cool Runnings, losely. Today I was on the treadmill instead of the road. I was supposed to do five minutes in a row, which I have not been able to conquer on the street. At five minutes, I was not sucking wind, so I decided to go to 8 minutes. Then I decided 10; at 10, I saw how close I was to one mile, so I pushed on. It took me 11:06, but who cares???! I am thrilled.
  • I am so jealous!!! I'm still at one minute at a time. A mile without stopping is my goal. Great job!

What is cool runnings?
  • Congrats! I'm thrilled for you. It's a wonderful thing to do something you weren't able to a month ago. Keep going and you'll get that entire 5k (and more) down. Yay You!
  • That is fabulous! That mile can be a real mental hurdle, but you did it!

And no need to even begin to apologize about time. You are a runner!
  • Oh! Congratulations! I remember well how THRILLING it was to get that first mile under my belt...great job!
  • It felt so good, I did it again! I ran for 12 minutes today, a smidge over a mile. I figure that I can add 30 seconds each time I run, and soon, I will be there.

I cannot get over how different the treadmill and the road are. The road is brutal.

here is the link for Cool Running: From couch potato to 5K
    http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • You totally rock.. that is great