Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 06-25-2007, 09:14 AM   #1  

Height: 5"5

Default I DID IT My first 5 k

Hello all its been a while since I have posted inherre. I still come play catch up and wach all your success.

I had set a goal in April to fun a 5k this summer. Sat I did my first 5k with a freind and my oldst daughter. I a bit sore BUT I ran the whole thing with great support. I made it in 31 mintues so that makes it 10 mintue miles. Pretty good for only running outsdie a few times and only being on treadmill mostly. I have a vidoe vlog on youtube I document my weight loss journey . I have a vlog on my run if anyone is interested in watching.

Good luck ladies you CAN do it. Set a goal and it is reachable.

Stacey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJCkfNRh25w
Attached Images
File Type: jpg race2.JPG (37.4 KB, 24 views)
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #2  
Powered by tofu

S/C/G: 207/203/140ish ??

Height: 5'4''

Congrats! That is a really great time for your first 5k.

Did you do the c25k program? That's how I started and I've done 2 5k races this summer. Any future running goals?
shananigans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:55 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/126/117

Height: 5'3

That is fabulous! It can be intimidating getting out there with other folks, but it can also be incredibly inspiring. What a great time for you too!
LeighHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5"5

Yes it was great. We have some pretty seasoned runners in our ittle town. was interesting watching them go to town. Thanks tho. It was nice to have done and something to work towards to beat times in the future
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 01:26 PM   #5  

Height: 5'2"

That is EXCELLENT!!! Way to go! I bet you are so proud. That's such a great accomplishment! Way to go girl!
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote