10 pounds of beautiful

• I was talking to a co-worker today (she also is trying to lose weight) about how I had gained around ten pounds after having done so well losing weight with my Lent challenge. I wasn't feeling terrible about it and the weight has already started coming off, but her reply made me laugh and I felt even better. Her response was, "Ten pounds of beautiful."

It's a great reminder; weight gain isn't the end of the world, especially if you still can feel good about the way you look. That's a great NSV for me (who would have thought I'd find a victory in spite of gaining weight?). Yeah, I can look a little chubby around 130, but I can stand in front of a mirror and still feel good.
  • That is a great NSV!! Congrats!! If only we could all realize that weight does not define who we on...on the inside and outside. I try to not let it. I think I succeed most of the time. You've already done such an awesome job. Good luck!!
  • That's great advice! Sometimes I feel like I get so wrapped up in counting calories or fat grams and measuring the minutes I spend at the gym that I forget to actually enjoy my body and my life
  • Awww!