Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-16-2007, 01:55 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Very First Mini-Goal!

This isn't really a huge deal, but I've lost my first 10 pounds. I don't look or feel any thinner but there it is on the scale. This is kind of ridiculous, but I didn't post this right away because I had to wait a day and weigh myself a couple more times to check and make sure I hadn't made some sort of terrible scale-reading error. But hooray for me! Only... er... lots and lots more pounds to go.
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:02 AM   #2  

Height: 5' 7''

Hey there Kella,

Congratulations! 10lbs is a wonderful achievement so stand up and be very very proud of it. You are well on your way to moulding a newer, younger looking, healthier, fitter, slimmer you - isn't that fantastic!

I'm proud of you, well done!

Finn.
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:45 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Great job, Kella! Okay, you say losing 10 pounds isn't that much-- but if you had gained it, it probably would feel like a lot! I think it's amazing. You can probably only not tell a difference yet because you see yourself every day, and sometimes with gradual changes we can't see what's right in front of us because we get used to it. Someone who hasn't seen you since 10 pounds ago would probably notice!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/160/125

Height: 5'5"

That is wonderful!!! What a great day!! And I totally understand about not being able to believe it and stepping on the scale multiple times and even a couple days in a row before you can believe it. I do that all the time. I couldn't believe i had finally seen 166 again. I had to step on the scales a couple of times to be sure it didn't change. Congrats on the 10 pound weight loss. That is AWESOME!!! Keep up the GREAT work!!!!!!
lumifan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:55 AM   #5  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Congratulations!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 11:58 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Thanks so much for the kind words, everyone. Even though I can't tell (and apparently no one else can, either) it's a payoff for all the hard work I've been doing over the past month or so, and it means that I'm doing something right... even if I keep screwing up my diet by drinking lots of rum & coke. So again, thanks, and I hope to be able to post over here again soon with my next 10 pounds!
kella is offline   Reply With Quote