Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 04-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #1  
mathlab

S/C/G: 224/163/145

Height: 5'3"

Exclamation Need help! Size 10!

I'm having a hard time acclimating to the idea that I can now slip into size 10 pants and tops - I still think of myself as a size 1X. I know I'm looking a lot better (the exercise REALLY helps to firm things up), but I still see all the cellulite and the flabby arms. I'm halfway to goal - I can't even begin to imagine what size I'll be wearing when I get there.

I'm not discouraged - it's just that I'm still in shock (a pleasant one). I realize that this is a good challenge to have, but my question is: how long did it take you to adjust mentally to your new size? What words of wisdom can you offer?
bethel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 08:02 PM   #2  
nerd on a mission

Height: 5'6

to be honest, it's taken me a month to even remember I can wear a 10
I still see fat when I look in the mirror, even though my 10s are getting loose
8 will be a total mindscrew
eightbitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:54 AM   #3  
I am on my weigh

S/C/G: 252/252/175

Height: 5'7

I have the same problem. It's looking at my legs and seeing those big one's I had, but when I take a picture I see they are not as big as my mind eye see's them. I still go to the plus sized section of the store and it has been months since I've been a 14 or 16 for that matter a 20. It takes a while, but enjoy every minute of it. Your hard work is paying off!
rmewife97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 295/225/back to Onederland

Height: 5'5"

Wow, mostly I haven't adjusted.

I started at a 28/30 and am now a size 12. I have adjusted to the fact that I'm not at 28 or 24 or even sort of, 20, but I'm 41 and have never fit in "misses" clothing before and I just can't wrap my mind around it when I'm at a store.

When I was losing regularly, I would go down a size in a couple of months and it was disconcerting to get smaller each time I went to the mall. I'm evening out now and not losing, so maybe I'll stay here long enough to get used to it. Then again, I do have a size 10 skirt that fits!
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:35 PM   #5  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

HaHa Do you know what is funny? I remember going up in size because of weight gain and thinking, how come they started making the clothing smaller in size. Or oh rats I must have shrunk my jeans, tops, undergarments...etc in the dryer.

Why is it so hard for us to accept our acomplishlishments and so easy to deny our downfalls?
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 03:52 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 185/123/120

Height: 5'5

Every now and again I am still taken aback that I WAS
a size 16/14 and now I am a 6/4 totally blows my mind.
Lovestorun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 04:12 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I still cannot get over being a 6/8. when i am folding my clothes I am in aww of the size of them. I know I still a little ways to go but it does feel nice. I do go to the proper size now after the last time I t took me quite some time and the made several trips to get smaller sizes now he makes me take smaller ones with me.
canadian mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:15 AM   #8  

Height: 5'9"

I'm like this as well. The clothes I buy now are all 8 or 10, but I ALWAYS think "Oh, these must be vanity-sized!" LOL. I guess we all need to work on seeing what's really there in the mirror.
iconoclast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 189/176/135

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian mom View Post
I still cannot get over being a 6/8. when i am folding my clothes I am in aww of the size of them. I know I still a little ways to go but it does feel nice. I do go to the proper size now after the last time I t took me quite some time and the made several trips to get smaller sizes now he makes me take smaller ones with me.
Thats funny...I think the same thing when folding clothes...I'm not wearing sz 6/8 but right now wearing a loose 10, I started at a tight 16..I was some tshirts last night and almost put my little black one in my 8 yr olds pile!! Have to say I have less laundry now that my clothes is a bit smaller!!
Justme33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 196/159.6/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Man, I wish I could help you! I'm a size 14 from between 185 to around 155, so I can work out and eat right and do great and still never see a size change. At least I don't have to keep buying new pants, I guess!
maegdaeien is offline   Reply With Quote