Mini-Goals Even if you're not at goal yet, this is the place to share your successes and achievements along the way! Success can be measured in many ways besides the scales. Tell us about your triumphs, including Non Scale Victories

Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 AM   #16  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by carols2 View Post
Hello Everyone,

Libby, you are an inspiration. How did you stay in the right frame of mind. I just completed week 1 and down 3 lbs. I hope my scale is correct. I just hope i can keep it up. It is now 10:14pm and I am so hungry. I am so scared to eat anything. I might start binging.

Someone please tell me how do you get the thing on the weight tracker to move. I want to show my little 3 lbs lost.
Thank you Carols!

If you want click on my myspace page below and go to my blog area on there and read "My Story". It will tell you everything. Also, I posted a long story of my progress on my 1 year anniversary back in October. That link is here.

Most of my get up and go came from the fact that I felt amazing, my energy was virtually boundless and I knew that I was helping to fight the diabetes, heart disease and obesity that runs in my family. Prayer and my faith in God play a huge role in my success. Without that wisdom, I would be no further along than I was when I used to "d-d-d-diet".

My question to you is when you were hungry at 10:14 PM, what did you eat the rest of the day to sustain you. On a scale of 1 to 10 what was your actual hunger. 1 being weak and shaky and 10 being full like after Thanksgiving. If you felt like a 5 or above, that is the feeling your body has when fat burning is taking place. If you are eating at least 1200 calories a day and not exceeding say 1600 in a full day with 3 meals and 2 snacks and drinking your water like you should be, you should be fine. Also, you need to be eating plenty of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, 2-3 servings of low fat dairy and 6 oz of good protein. Lean meats, fish, beans, nuts, etc... If you are incorporating all of those things into your eating plan, you can't go wrong. Fiber allows you to eat less and be satisfied. I eat between 35 and 45 grams of fiber a day. Make sure you are getting everything your body needs .

Thanks again for your kind words.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:34 PM   #17  
Carol

Hi Libby and all of you,

Libby, your story is amazing. I want to print it and put a copy in my purse, my office, and the kitchen. That way, I can always have that motivation with me if I get the feeling to BINGE. The binging has always been my major problem. I think I was hungry because I just didn't get enough food during the day. The scale dsays that I have lost like 7lbs now in one week. That is way to much weight loss in such a short period of time. Some of it may be water weight. I can't weight until the next 7 days to past so I can lose some more. My next challenge, I have to figure out what I need to eat in order to get some energy. I take a truck load of supplements.

Libby, thank you so much for all of your support.

Oh yeah, How do i get the tracker to move down the weighl loss tracker.
carols2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 09:33 PM   #18  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Quote:
Originally Posted by carols2 View Post
My next challenge, I have to figure out what I need to eat in order to get some energy. I take a truck load of supplements.

Libby, thank you so much for all of your support.

Oh yeah, How do i get the tracker to move down the weighl loss tracker.

Ok..for energy, protein, whole grains and fruit. For instance, some triscuits a mozzarella cheese stick and a small apple or 15 grapes. Or a mini box of raisins, 1/2 oz of walnuts or almonds and some whole wheat pita chips. Whole grain toast with peanut butter and half a banana. There are 3 of my favorites for high energy, nutritious snacks. I take a truck load of supplements too. Omega 3,6&9 along with extra calcium, a great multi and I have to take 500 mg of Niacin a day to combat my low HDL.

You need to edit your signature to get your tracker to move. Just change the number in the middle to your new weight.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:40 PM   #19  
Carol

Hi Libby,

You are so wonderful. Thanks for all of your help. I am going to the store to get some mozerella sticks, pita chips, and low fat peanut butter. I have the other items hear. Peanut butter used to get me in trouble, so I stopped buying it. I would binge on peanut butter sandwichesor maybe the peanut butter alone. I would eat three sandwiches easy. I am such a bad girl. I am determined to change my eating to a healthier lifestyle. Therefore, I will only eat 2 slices of 40 calorie whole grain bread with about 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter.
carols2 is offline   Reply With Quote