Hi I'm New and I have a mini goal..

• Hello! I am new here and I just wanted to share my 'mini' goal. After hitting the highest weight I have ever been in my life, I started dieting and exercising February 2006. I have lost 27 lbs. Not too much for over a years time but it is really difficult for me to lose weight. I think my metabolism is asleep and I have to really sweat to lose .5 a week. I have hit a plateau recently so I have dropped my calories to 1300 a day and bumped up the resistance training. My ultimate goal is to lose 28 more lbs by June.

Just wanted to say hi!
  • I think this is an achieveable goal... I usually aim for between 1300 and 1500 cals a day, sometimes I go over, sometimes under, but it all pretty much balances out. I try to keep carbs and fats low, and protiens high. I keep track using www.fitday.com . I go easy on the carbs (white bread, rice, pasta, potatoes) and get my carbs in the form of different vegetables and fruit. I eat alot of skinless chicken and other lean meats. And, I try to eat dinner before 7 pm if possible. And, aside from my job (waiting tables), which is a very active job, I walk at least 30 minutes brisk walk every afternoon...

This is what works for me. Hope this helps you too...