3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   10% of me GONE! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/107367-10%25-me-gone.html)

booklover 03-16-2007 12:46 PM

10% of me GONE!

Hello Ladies,

Well, I am pleased to report that I reached another milestone this morning. Today the scale read 283 which means that I have officially lost 10% of my body weight since January. Yay! :trampo:

Isn't it funny how we get so excited about every pound lost? This week's net loss is only 2 lbs. But actually, I had re-gained 5 pounds over the weekend due to a serious fall off the wagon. So, I had to put myself back on Phase I of the SouthBeach diet again to make any progress. I am still struggling with Phase II, but increasing exercise and sticking to the core elements of my program. That seems to be working, at least.

Today, I am happy. There is 10% of me less than there was in January. On to the next 10% and next mini-goal.

Have a great weekend everyone.

trekkiegirl 03-16-2007 03:07 PM

Congrats book!

Every pound lost does feel good. We may not see it or feel each individual pound physically but I think it tells us that what we've been doing is working and that spurs us on. I know that's how I feel. Like, with my weight loss so far, I feel lighter when I'm walking. I'm not sure whether it's more the weight or that I have more of "a spring in my step" from using my walking as exercise and feeling good about it, but somehow the two kind of channel into each other, you know? It's like I'm carrying less weight around so I feel good so I'm gonna keep moving so I will continue to feel good or better.

You've got a great attitude about the "fall off the wagon"! What else can we do besides dust ourselves off and get back on? Sit with our tushies in the mudpies? No way! :D (besides, with my tush, that mudpie will flatten out to the size of a satellite dish!)

Good luck and keep on truckin'! :p

cbmare 03-16-2007 03:52 PM

Congrats! I hope that 10% stays in cyberspace for you.

Luminous 03-16-2007 04:32 PM

Congratulations, booklover! :smoking: That first ten percent feels AWESOME, doesn't it?

I'm a big fan of 10% goals. Keep on truckin', sister.

Rosario 03-16-2007 05:26 PM

Wtg!!!

cmbmom05 03-16-2007 06:50 PM

Wtg

Wtg!

cajungal328 03-16-2007 07:31 PM

I'm so proud of you! Way to go!!!!

slenderapproach 03-22-2007 04:38 PM

congrats! 10% is a HUGE milestone!!!:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

crazynette826 03-26-2007 03:40 AM

Congrats!!! WTG!!!! Keep it up!!! :dancer: :dancer: :dancer:

Stinger 03-26-2007 05:29 PM

That's great news. I am on SB too since the last week in Oct. Don't worry about falling off the wagon so to speak...just make sure that you jump right back on before the next meal. Believe me I am getting real good at jumping back on the wagon. Can't wait to see your next post. Keep up the good work!