3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   Weird Goal Achieved! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/104250-weird-goal-achieved.html)

ennay 02-08-2007 02:58 PM

Weird Goal Achieved!

After my dd was born (3 years) someone told me that a good goal for a new nursing mom was simply for the first year to stay at the point where if you stood on the scale holding your child, you were below the weight you were the day before you delivered.

I fell behind that curve for awhile after dd was born. I was 194 when I delivered, only lost 8 lbs in the delivery and first 6 weeks (mean while my dd was gaining .75 lbs/week) and then finally got in gear and lost about 0.4 lbs per week after that. Eventually I did catch the curve and decided to see if I could stay below it for a long time.

After I finally lost the weight and a little more, I stayed below that curve until partway through my second pregnancy.

I delivered my ds 4 months ago. The day I delivered I weighed exactly 194 AGAIN. This time more came off in that post partum period so I was always "below the curve"

But this morning I stood on the scale with BOTH children in my arms and weighed in at 192. (30.X lbs, 14.X lbs and 147 lbs)

For some reason that was a weird little goal of mine. To be doubly below the curve

rockinrobin 02-08-2007 03:02 PM

Excellent. Just excellent. Kinda cool too.

Elerine 02-08-2007 03:03 PM

well done!!!!! Not a goal I plan to achieve for a few years, but one I'll remember!!

Kylie

lilybelle 02-08-2007 03:25 PM

That is great and a goal I never thought of.

alinnell 02-08-2007 04:00 PM

I'd never heard that before, but it make sense. Too bad I didn't know it when my kids were little enough for me to hold them while I weight myself. It would be a very scary number to look at if I were to try it now!!!

Weird or not, congratulations!

crazynette826 02-13-2007 05:22 AM

What a weird goal! But a really cool one all the same!!! Congrats!!!

Cheryl14 02-13-2007 06:26 AM

Great goin' ennay!

I often say that my best weight loss was with our first son. I had toxemia and was in the hospital for a week before delivering him. I was so full of water I looked like a tick ready to burst! I had an emergency C-section following induced labor and about two hours of transition and pushing. They were coming in about every twenty minutes to empty my urine bag. I had NO interest in eating. My first "food" was a strawberry milkshake three days after I had the C-section! Five days after deliveryI left the hospital FORTY-EIGHT pounds lighter than when I was admitted!

Now, if I could just do THAT zippy weight loss again, I'd be at my goal in just a few DAYS!!!

Cheryl