3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Mini-Goals (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/)
-   -   From an 18 to a 12 in 2 months (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals/102344-18-12-2-months.html)

pockets 01-17-2007 05:33 PM

From an 18 to a 12 in 2 months

OMG I'm so freakin excited. I had set a goal to when I got to 165 I'd go get some new jeans cuz my current ones are falling off. I bought them 2 months ago just after having a baby. When I got them I got them a little small, but they still fit. I haven't quite made it to my 165 goal, but I needed a little pick me up. So I went shopping today and now I'm in an 11/12!!! I tried on the 13/14 and they were just a little big, so I asked the lady to grab me the smaller size. I put them on and almost cried. I haven't been in this size since before I got pregnant with my first daughter. They are still a little snug, but I'm not totally embarassed to wear them in public. It'll give me something to work towards. Making them fall off!!! My next goal is to be at a 9/10, which is the smallest I have been as an adult.

The manager was helping me (Maurice's) and she was sweet as can be. When I told her the story she said she wanted to cry for me. She said I had motivated her to loose some weight.

Another thing I did today, that I never thought I'd be able to, was going to the mall then grocery shopping with both kids by myself. Grocery shopping was interesting cuz I had to have 2 carts. One with the kids and one for the food. Stupid Walmart doesn't have a cart that can hold more than one kid.

That turned out longer than I though it would, but I'm so flippin excited. Talk about a GREAT day.

Newlifestyle 01-17-2007 06:13 PM

That is awesome, Congratulations

kansastornado 01-17-2007 06:40 PM

WooHoo!!! That is a great accomplishment! How did you do it? I wear an 18 now and would love to be in a 12 in 2 months. Keep up the awesome work! :)

booklover 01-17-2007 08:54 PM

Oh how I would love to be (size) 18 again

Huge congrats to you for going from a Size 18 to 12 in two short months! What's your secret? These days I would love to be an 18 or 16 or even (dare I say it?) size 14. I haven't been a size 18 since 1994. Today I wear a size 26W or 3X depending on what is in the stores. The lowest size I ever wore (post-puberty) was 9/10 and that was in 1991. What's sad is that even THAT size is considered "fat" by today's current standards. I just try to keep the faith and move closer to my goal.

Anyway, congratulations to you, again, and be sure to tell us how you did it!!!

amberyl 01-17-2007 09:31 PM

Congratulations! There's nothing more absolutely awesome than going into a store to buy one size and ending up having to buy a smaller size. Best feeling in the world.

Aquanetrocker 01-17-2007 11:19 PM

That's so exciting! Congratulations!

jelynn 01-18-2007 12:38 AM

Good going!! :cp:

pockets 01-18-2007 07:44 AM

To be honest, a lot of what I lost was 'baby' fat. I gained 60lbs with my first DD, but only lost 30 before getting pg again. I was working on it then too, but couldn't loose any more. I gained 30lbs during my second pgcy, and I've lost 37!! This time I started working out much earlier. If the dr's had known I would have been scolded, but I needed the stress releiver. After my 6week post partum check up I started watching my caloires and eating better. Before I got pg with #1 I was a 11/12, but I was 20lbs lighter. I can't wait to see what size I am at that weight now!!

I work on an elliptical while the kids are napping when I can. I was going 5 days a week there for a while, but #1 isn't napping very well lately, so I'm lucky to get on 3x a week now. Still watching my calories as much as I can while I'm breastfeeding. I refuse to loose my milk, so I can't go too crazy. But that's probably good, it keeps me from doing anything crazy that probably won't last.

Libby1972 01-18-2007 09:12 PM

Excellent!!! Good for you.

dcapulet 01-18-2007 09:17 PM

wow! that's great!

gggbdomino 01-19-2007 02:11 PM

you go girl good job :hug:
Maureen